a few San Francisco shots

gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
edited October 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
a few night shots from a recent San Fran trip. shot with my XSi and 24-70mm 2.8 L

648303515_iT8wq-M.jpg

and one with my tokina 11-16mm. i was ~6ft away from the flag pole...quite a warped (but interesting, IMHO) perspective.

662033240_uTktw-M.jpg

C&C welcome!
Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    First one is quite a beautiful shot. thumb.gif There's a nighttime mini-challenge going on now. Worth submitting.

Second one doesn't really do anything for me. The exposure is just too long for me here -- the flag is too undefined. The angle on the pole doesn't help for me either.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    thanks for the comment. if my shot qualifies for the mini-competition (it was taken about a month ago now), i'll definitely throw it in there. the flag shot was interesting...tons of people walking around, but few stood still long enough to show up much in the long exposure. my memory is fading on that location, but i think the pole was slightly angled to begin with...obviously warped even more by the wide angle lens. it was definitely windy out, but i like the messiness of the flag somewhat...kind of surreal. it would be cool to have it more defined, however.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    The mini's have no time constraints on when the pix were taken. You just have to be willing to be the next judge if you win...

I understand why you are fond of the flag pic.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    That is a wonderful capture of the GG Bridge. The bridge and fog are synonymousm as you have captured.

Thanks for sharing.