Summer meets Fall.

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited October 18, 2009 in Landscapes
A scene from our front steps. I also have this photo in a sharper version if anyone would like to see that one.

Ron

675079207_fs8tE-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    ront wrote:
    A scene from our front steps. I also have this photo in a sharper version if anyone would like to see that one.

Ron

675079207_fs8tE-XL.jpg

I think it is quite an unusual shot and I like it lots. I may be wrong but should the wall be cropped a touch. I would love to see the sharpened shot.
    Regards
    Bob
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Thanks for the response Bob. I was not sure about the wall because I liked the shadow on it.
    Here is another shot thought with the wall cropped out and sharper.

Ron

675341938_JBrCV-L.jpg
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Hi Ron! I actually kind of like the shadow because it gives just a hint of that playful, maybe-there's-a-serial-killer-behind-me feeling that is so classically horror. And then on the bottom are cozy pumpkins and flowers. lol3.gif

Either way this shot gives me a good feeling. Let the holidays begin!
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Hi Ront -

I think I prefer the shadow shot (#1) but think that it needs touched up a little to make the whole image pop a little more.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Like that first one Ronthumb.gif
  • BobRBobR Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I like the colors here, Ron, I usually don't like diagonal crops but I wondering if it would work here?:D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I can't decide which one I like best. I agree with Schmoo that the shadow adds a playful element, which I like in this shot. But when I saw your cropped version I though, "Wow, very nicely done!" For pure fun, I'd go with #1 but for a quality shot, I'd vote for #2. Either way, it's a clever idea and I like it! :ivar

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com