RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
edited October 11, 2009 in Street and Documentary
675793834_VKSRH-L.jpg
C&C always welcome.

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    I don't normally like people paired with statues, but this one has a fresh feel to it. There's a casualness about the setting that I think most people that haven't lived in Europe might miss. Most cities ooze cultural artefacts, but people still live and work and raise families amongst it. Enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    work it! Work it!
    Richard wrote:
    675793834_VKSRH-L.jpg
    C&C always welcome.
    Oh, Richard, Richard, Richard...Soooooo near, yet so far.rolleyes1.gif This is a lovely shot - but - if you had just stepped back a step or two, or slightly reframed, and included the young woman's left hand to echo the statue's, it would have been something really
    special
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Oh, Richard, Richard, Richard...Soooooo near, yet so far.rolleyes1.gif This is a lovely shot - but - if you had just stepped back a step or two, or slightly reframed, and included the young woman's left hand to echo the statue's, it would have been something really
    special

I seem to be in close, but not quite mode lately. Guess that's better than not even close. lol3.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    I seem to be in close, but not quite mode lately. Guess that's better than not even close. lol3.gif
    Absolutely - and I do like this shot - It's just that if you had her full hand, it would tie in so nicely with the statue..:D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Absolutely - and I do like this shot - It's just that if you had her full hand, it would tie in so nicely with the statue..:D

I don't like the cut off hand, either, but there's a pretty good chance that the whole one is holding a cell phone. That would have changed the whole character of the shot, I think, to something comic, and I wasn't going for laughs this time. Been there, done that:
    294747101_efCbq-L.jpg
    Oh, BTW, in the original post, it's a mime, not a statue. Not that the mime would feel insulted...on the contrary. mwink.gif

I do agree that the shot would have been better with another parallel between the two forms.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    I think this is beautiful. Stunning. I'd hang this in the study - large.
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2009
    damonff wrote:
    I think this is beautiful. Stunning. I'd hang this in the study - large.

Many thanks, damon. I appreciate it.