Options

Leaving Reno for the PNW.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Well, I'm doing it again, I'm leaving Reno, and heading up to the Pacific Northwest to take colors of fall foliage and different mushroom species. I'm extremely excited, I can't wait to see the pacific northwest again. I want to try to make it as far as Seattle.

I'm going to be heading up through Highway 89, so I'm hoping to see good color change in the mountains. However, I'd like to make my way over to the coast as well and do some stacked photography of lighthouses and star spirals.

Any suggestions?
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Well, I'm doing it again, I'm leaving Reno, and heading up to the Pacific Northwest to take colors of fall foliage and different mushroom species. I'm extremely excited, I can't wait to see the pacific northwest again. I want to try to make it as far as Seattle.

I'm going to be heading up through Highway 89, so I'm hoping to see good color change in the mountains. However, I'd like to make my way over to the coast as well and do some stacked photography of lighthouses and star spirals.

Any suggestions?

I know that up 395 into Lakeview there can be beautiful fall colors-- especially in the Lakeview cemetery-- this time so year. So you should find lots of colors up Hwy 89 (K-falls?) this time of year.

There are lighthouse up and down the coast. Tillamook Rock is pretty cool, but that's way north. Heceda head is nice and so is Cape Meares. Guess part of it depends on where you'll be. It's a long coastline.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Should I visit the Olympic peninsula? Are prices outrageous?
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Good luck, can't wait to see some shotsthumb.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/