Options

Stuck at Corridor

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Two from mosque. This is largest mosque in Pakistan and 6th largest in the world known as Shah Faisal Mosque.

The kid was very confident he saw me taking pictures and approached me and requested me to take his photo.
677233211_4K4cV-L.jpg

This was shot from almost same spot this time i turned myself towards the sunset, i think i shot 20 images and got decent human presence in only this one. People changed their walking route as they thought they could ruin my picture by passing through :rolleyes
677232972_mVw2R-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    #2...#2...#2...

gorgeous
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    damonff wrote:
    #2...#2...#2...

gorgeous

ditto...
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    One more for #2, though #1 is a wonderful shot that conveys how immense this Mosque is and the beauty of it. Hopefully the young lad's foot will be fine.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    Thank you ! :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Two from mosque. This is largest mosque in Pakistan and 6th largest in the world known as Shah Faisal Mosque.

The kid was very confident he saw me taking pictures and approached me and requested me to take his photo.

This was shot from almost same spot this time i turned myself towards the sunset, i think i shot 20 images and got decent human presence in only this one. People changed their walking route as they thought they could ruin my picture by passing through rolleyes1.gif
    Both of these are wonderful, Awais! clap.gifclap.gif But despite what Damon saidrolleyes1.gif , #1 may just be the best image of yours I've ever seen! clap.gifclap.gif And the thing that makes it so strong is the bandaged foot and its juxtaposition with the pristine marble and the sense I have that this not the kind of place where this youngster spends 99% of his time. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    Thanks BD, you always come up with amazing interpretation of images mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    i like #1 the best, i think its a great capture of a confident little man.clap.gif
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Both are great, my favorite is # 1, I like the sharpness of the detail in the Mosque but most of all the young boys way he is looking at you. Oh if we all could approach life with his wide eyed expectation!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Thank you Jay and Orv !thumb.gif

My Gallery