Rainbow

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
edited October 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Ever since dtw78 posted a PS-generated rainbow in Finishing School, I have been suspicious of rainbow shots. This one isn't as nice as his, but think of it as a real person instead of a fashion magazine shot. :lol3
666759853_BrWeS-L.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 11, 2009
    I like them. Not often you're in a good place to get one that works.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • SeatimeSeatime Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Great shot, Richard! I like everything about it... composition, lighting, exposure. It's just great. Kinda wish I could see more of the foreground, but it still works. I'm curious... was there something in the foreground unappealing, or did you just choose this composition to add scale to the rainbow? Anyway great pic. Thanks for sharing it. :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Looks like the end of the rainbow leads right to church :D
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    I like the photo and the title...
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 12, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I like the photo and the title...
    rolleyes1.gif

Mary: Just about anything in Spain leads directly to a church. mwink.gif

Seatime: The composition was intentional. I could have included a lot more, but it seemed like a good opportunity to do something that was minimalist. A couple of years ago I saw an exhibition of some Antarctica pics in which most of the detail was concentrated at the edges of the frame. I forget the photographer's name, but those shots really impressed me.

Ian: Right, and (lazy bum that I am) I especially love it when I can get the shot from my own terrace lol3.gif.

Thanks to all for commenting. thumb.gif
    edited October 12, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    A couple of years ago I saw an exhibition of some Antarctica pics in which most of the detail was concentrated at the edges of the frame. I forget the photographer's name, but those shots really impressed me.

This really interests me -- if you ever remember please let me know :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 12, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    This really interests me -- if you ever remember please let me know :D

Where would we be without Google...the photographer was Lynn Davis. Her home page has some Antarctica pics, but not the ones I (vaguely) remembered. BTW, she is also a master of printing and little tiny Web Jpgs don't convey the power of the ones I saw, which were huge and breathtaking.
    edited October 12, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Where would we be without Google...the photographer was Lynn Davis. Her home page has some Antarctica pics, but not the ones I (vaguely) remembered. BTW, she is also a master of printing and little tiny Web Jpgs don't convey the power of the ones I saw, which were huge and breathtaking.

Thanks Richard clap.gif