Michelle

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited October 20, 2009 in People
Haven't posted in a while, so here are few from my latest shoot.

673900279_hL6az-M-1.jpg

673910905_i6N9T-M.jpg

673915268_LHZK2-M.jpg

674521767_ctpMB-M.jpg

674520973_CPyn4-M.jpg

674666480_T22ph-M.jpg

674942762_2ntxT-M.jpg

674945710_BqRbq-M.jpg

674946117_2q76T-M-1.jpg

674948851_i8rt7-M-1.jpg

675460324_8S8fc-M.jpg

675458402_wV7V9-M-1.jpg

675462981_c8kcK-M.jpg

675451980_nGE9D-M.jpg

675447522_E4sD3-M.jpg

675445995_p8ueX-M.jpg
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Very nice! I like the color and posing.

Sam
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Hi Marina, How's Shep? Haven't seen photos of him in a while. These are great photos. I like the poses also. I didn't know they had pretty girls like this down in the swamp! (Except at the Florida Gator's Swamp). I'm not a fan of the lip ring but to each his own I guess. I'm old fashioned.

Dave
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Thanks Sam and David.
    Lip ring, she wanted to keep it in. We will do more without one :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • chrisdgchrisdg Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Cute stuff. #3 and #11 are my favorite. Did you want C&C? Wasn't sure, but since you numbered them...

on #13, do you intend for the horizon line to be unlevel? Otherwise, neat location from a colors and textures perspective. Same with #10, powerful pose for a lady but not quite level.

too bad the watermark obscures the feet in the first 8 images. Perhaps if you know your watermark will be in that spot, maybe leave a little more breathing room underneath the subject in each crop? Compositionally, i think a little more space underneath her feet (regardless of watermark) is called for. She is standing on the edge of your frame in several of them.

#15 could probably be improved with a hidden strobe directly behind the girl, illluminating her figure...as it stands now, she is way overpowered by the lit sign above her.

#16 does nothing for me, probably not a keeper in my book.
    -Chris D.
    http://www.facebook.com/cdgImagery (concert photography)
    http://www.cdgimagery.com (concert photography)
    http://chrisdg.smugmug.com (everything else)

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Nicely done!
    #3 is the best of the bunch IMO.

#6 bothers me. To me, the perspective makes her torso look too small and her legs too large.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited October 12, 2009
    chrisdg wrote:
    Cute stuff. #3 and #11 are my favorite. Did you want C&C? Wasn't sure, but since you numbered them...
    C&Cs are always welcome!
    on #13, do you intend for the horizon line to be unlevel? Otherwise, neat location from a colors and textures perspective. Same with #10, powerful pose for a lady but not quite level.
    Yep, wasn't really paying attention/nor crop as to level. Like it as is.
    too bad the watermark obscures the feet in the first 8 images. Perhaps if you know your watermark will be in that spot, maybe leave a little more breathing room underneath the subject in each crop? Compositionally, i think a little more space underneath her feet (regardless of watermark) is called for. She is standing on the edge of your frame in several of them.
    I agree with the space. I should have framed it differently. WTM can be moved i guess, not that concerned about it. She's getting images w/out the wtm :D
    #15 could probably be improved with a hidden strobe directly behind the girl, illluminating her figure...as it stands now, she is way overpowered by the lit sign above her.
    Not quiet sure, there was no strobe behind her. Light is in the building, right inside ( light bulb i guess)
    #16 does nothing for me, probably not a keeper in my book.
    Me neither, just threw it out there lol

Thanks for the comments! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    edited October 12, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nicely done!
    #3 is the best of the bunch IMO.

#6 bothers me. To me, the perspective makes her torso look too small and her legs too large.

Aww, the power of perspective clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    You did very well thumb.gif You got a nice variety of poses and backgrounds, also!

My personal favorite is #3.

I have to say I really don't like her pose in #10. I just don't really care for a 'legs wide open' shot. I look at the first 9, then see this and it's like "hellllloooooooooo.......", a bit suggestive even?

The combination of her clothes and the wall color in #9 is awesome! As is the one of her clothes and setting in the first ones. Very nicely done thumb.gif
    edited October 15, 2009
    Thanks Ivar!
    For legs wide open, i actually like this shot, she did as well. I have different poses we've shot, some like that some with legs crossed, etc...
    Got to try it all and see what works what not. We have more shots coming up with her. Will see what might come up, we just go with a flow :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    I LOVE #11!!! That is just awesome and the best pose of the bunch for me. The open leg shot works pretty well here, and I actually think is much less suggestive and sexual than most of the other poses. All that suggestiveness in the other poses just didn't seem right to me... True, she brought outfits to show off her... uh... huge tracts of land and assorted assets... but... I don't know, it's just a little * too * out there for my liking (unless that's what you were going for!). Being more subtle and coy about it could actually boost the sexiness factor by a few notches, if sexy is what you want.

Also, her body is very athletic-looking, and many of the poses (suggestive and not) look like they compliment your standard skinny-model-type better than they compliment someone with her body type, which is why I think 10, 11, and 13 work the best for me. If you shoot her again, consider trying some powerful (but tame) poses... show off her strength and fire.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Thanks Ivar!
    For legs wide open, i actually like this shot, she did as well. I have different poses we've shot, some like that some with legs crossed, etc...
    Got to try it all and see what works what not. We have more shots coming up with her. Will see what might come up, we just go with a flow :D

Marina,

What was the purpose of the shoot?

#10 is actually my favorite of the group, it might be a bit much for a Senior portrait (but these days who knows...) but a fashion type shoot there would be nothing wrong with it.

Many of them seemed too far away but without knowing what you were going for it is hard to tell if that was what you were going for.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
    edited October 20, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    I LOVE #11!!! That is just awesome and the best pose of the bunch for me. The open leg shot works pretty well here, and I actually think is much less suggestive and sexual than most of the other poses. All that suggestiveness in the other poses just didn't seem right to me... True, she brought outfits to show off her... uh... huge tracts of land and assorted assets... but... I don't know, it's just a little * too * out there for my liking (unless that's what you were going for!). Being more subtle and coy about it could actually boost the sexiness factor by a few notches, if sexy is what you want.

Also, her body is very athletic-looking, and many of the poses (suggestive and not) look like they compliment your standard skinny-model-type better than they compliment someone with her body type, which is why I think 10, 11, and 13 work the best for me. If you shoot her again, consider trying some powerful (but tame) poses... show off her strength and fire.

Thanks for a great feedback. I will take your suggestions into consideration thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    edited October 20, 2009
    dmmattix wrote:
    Marina,

What was the purpose of the shoot?

#10 is actually my favorite of the group, it might be a bit much for a Senior portrait (but these days who knows...) but a fashion type shoot there would be nothing wrong with it.

Many of them seemed too far away but without knowing what you were going for it is hard to tell if that was what you were going for.

Regards,

Mike

Hey Mike, the girl is trying to get a little portfolio going, I'm not a 'model' photographer, so to me it's just a play, kind of like fun thing to do. We provide her with a lot of images, she makes a decision on what to pick and what to dump.

She is FAR away from a Senior, she is in her late 20s, so no, we are not doing senior shoots Laughing.gif.

Thanks for the comment Mike!! :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Very nice set Marina. I like the poses, lighting and composition. My only thing, and it's nothing to do with your photos, is the piercing in her lip......that really is distracting to her otherwise very nice lines.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited October 20, 2009
    Fair enough! I will let her know that thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300