Computer help, Photoshop vs Lightroom help, PLEASE

alison2009alison2009 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 11, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Hello,

I am thinking I need a new, updated computer and one that can run photoshop much faster.

Any recommendations on computers (desktop PC)? Brand, what I should have in it, etc. I know practically nothing about computers, just what I need to know to do what I need to do on it.

I am looking for ALOT of storage to store images on, process them, and prepare them for output. Then once I complete them, I will transfer them to an external/backup drive for permanent storage.

I basically only do document work and photo work on my computer. I would like to get one with wireless internet capabilities in it to hook up on the internet (make my life so much easier to have internet so I am not transfer images to my laptop to upload to the net). :)

I will probably have itunes on there for music, but not heavy user.

Graphics?? Default what comes with it good enough or do I need to replace it with?????

Oh and I want to spend as little as possible, but do have a budget of really no more than say $900 if possible.

And anything else you think I might need to know????

Also one other question: Photoshop vs Lightroom??? I have only used Photoshop and currently use CS3. Any reason I need to switch over to Lightroom?????

Thank you ALL for your help, comments, suggestions, etc... I really APPRECIATE it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

ALI

Comments