South India

RBKRBK Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 13, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here. Lovely forum, glad to be here. I am from Bangalore, India and interested in travel and photography. As I am still in the course of learning it would be of great help for me by providing your C&C for my pics.

Below are couple of pics taken sometime back, looking forward for your comments..

278953373_88a38499d0.jpg

2192238891_8a78cae00b.jpg

383363809_5898a7998e.jpg

2988480161_e60fdc8f32.jpg

2988479893_19a55d1eb7.jpg

Cheers

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Here's some feedback - note that some of this is fairly nit-picky :D

#1 - I think the composition would be improved if there was less space to the right of the primary tree trunk, but the winding line of the coast is very cool.

#2 - Since the subject is facing to the left, I would have shifted the composition so that the sun and subject were on the right 1/3 of the frame, but I still like the shot.

#3 - Very nice! If you could find a background that had only greens in it rather than that section of blue I think it would work better. But I like the narrow depth of field.

#4 - Nothing to say on this one - I like it perfectly fine as is, really nice composition.

#5 - I like this one too, I know that sunrises/sunsets like this often appear out of nowhere and you don't have time to find a good foreground, so I think you did well emphasizing the amazing clouds and colors and silhouetting the foreground.

Welcome to dgrin!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Hi and welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif I certainly hope that you keep posting here because I am just so excited to think about all the wonderful fresh scenes you can show us. As it is, #4 and #5 in this first set just take my breath away. bowdown.gif
  • RBKRBK Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    @coscorrosa: Thanks for your time and detailed input, shall keep in mind about the points you mentioned in future..

@schmoo: Thanks, sure will post more.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Beautiful set clap.gif and welcome to dgrin.

Dan
  • RuiMLopesRuiMLopes Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Awesome set of pictures!
    You live in a beautiful part of the world!

Rui<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    D300, D200 coupled with some fine Nikon glass<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    My Smugmug galleries: http://ruilopes.smugmug.com/<o:p></o:p>
    Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with some fine Nikon glass

My Smugmug galleries: http://ruilopes.smugmug.com/
  • RBKRBK Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    RuiMLopes wrote:
    Awesome set of pictures!
    You live in a beautiful part of the world!

Thanks for the comments Rui... indeed its a beautiful place, the terrain changes across every few hundred kms... shall be posting more soon.