Options

2 from today

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 13, 2009 in People
Here are two quick shots of 2 of my children that I took today playing in the yard while I was testing out a Canon 100mm L Macro lens. c&c welcome.

677828896_JffYN-XL.jpg

677833944_eH8H5-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2009
    Okay, gorgeous children. Those eyes look incredible. Your little girl's hair looks airbrushed on the sides of her head, but it may be the lens, or her hair blowing in the wind.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    Okay, gorgeous children. Those eyes look incredible. Your little girl's hair looks airbrushed on the sides of her head, but it may be the lens, or her hair blowing in the wind.

Caroline

Thanks Caroline. The lens I was using is a Canon 100mm L Macro f/5, 1/400, iso 400 and it has a thin DOF given it was at f/5. My wife and I are testing new lenses all the time and my neighbor had this one and loaned it to us to test out.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    CUTE kids! I agree that the OOF hair is a bit distracting for the little girl..but the eyes are great for both pictures! I slightly prefer the picture of your son. His eyes are amazing and I love how his hair color stands out against the green bokeh! Neat!
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    CUTE kids! I agree that the OOF hair is a bit distracting for the little girl..but the eyes are great for both pictures! I slightly prefer the picture of your son. His eyes are amazing and I love how his hair color stands out against the green bokeh! Neat!

Thanks for the kind words Kidzmom. The OOF hair was something SOOC so either lens induced or a combination of wind, and her hair being wispy and shutter speed. Not real sure.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Cute, sharp (except that hair), vivid and well-composed. Nicely done.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    You're turning into lens man (first a 135 and now the 100 macro? :D). Gorgeous shots of both kids -you really know how to nail the eyes! thumb.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Nice shots Randy. Great lens too huh? Beautiful children such as your's make for super subject matter.thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words Andrew, Divamum and Swatzy. My wife and I are very fortunate indeed.

Swartzy: Yes I LOVE this 100mm L Macro!!!! man that is some sweeeeeeet glass.

Divamum: Laughing.gif yes I am "GADGET GUY" super hero extraordinaire!!! lol actually I do love my gadgets
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Your children are precious. They have the most gorgeous and unusual color eyes. Simply beautiful. Love the other shot of just your son too. I get that expression often too. Just snap the picture and let me get on with my playing.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    Your children are precious. They have the most gorgeous and unusual color eyes. Simply beautiful. Love the other shot of just your son too. I get that expression often too. Just snap the picture and let me get on with my playing.
    Thanks for the kind words Rhondavid. There eyes actually change color depending on mood, clothing and weather like mine do..... I hadn't really thought about it much until I saw it in their eyes.....our 3rd baby looks like she is going to have really pretty brown eyes but it's still early and they may change.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com