Sunrise Maiden

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited October 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
677675768_krkzM-L.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Joel,

While this image definitely has WoW potential, personally, I think your not through with it yet.

I quickly played with it in PS and can post the results if you wish, but here are my thoughts:

Too much noise in the bg - looks like too much "fill light" in post brought out the noise

The foreground is too lit, distracts from your subject - burn-in the foreground some

The toe/only is distracting - clone out

The stool is distracting - clone out
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 12, 2009
    Hey Randy, thanks for the comments! I think your comments are spot-on. This is actually a Photomatix tone mapping of what was a fairly bland image. The exposure was pushed significantly which added a ton of noise. Still, the tone mapping was such a huge improvement over the original that I was pretty happy with it and willing to overlook what I suspected were some shortcomings. Your comments confirmed that. What I should do is go back to the original and start from scratch now that I have a better idea of what my end goal is.

I'd love to see your edits, so feel free to post it if you like.

Thanks again!
    -joel
    edited October 12, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Hey Randy, thanks for the comments! I think your comments are spot-on. This is actually a Photomatix tone mapping of what was a fairly bland image. The exposure was pushed significantly which added a ton of noise. Still, the tone mapping was such a huge improvement over the original that I was pretty happy with it and willing to overlook what I suspected were some shortcomings. Your comments confirmed that. What I should do is go back to the original and start from scratch now that I have a better idea of what my end goal is.

I'd love to see your edits, so feel free to post it if you like.

Thanks again!
    -joel

Ok Joel,

Here again is a quick edit to show what I was talking about. I'm sure you will do a much better job of it.

Edited

678482005_cuukV-L.jpg

Original (well, the image that you posted)
    677675768_krkzM-L.jpg
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 12, 2009
    Sweet! Love what you did to the foreground -- fits in perfectly. And covering the stool with rabbit fur was a stroke of pure genius! rolleyes1.gifbow

Thanks, man. thumb.gif

-joel
    edited October 12, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Sweet! Love what you did to the foreground -- fits in perfectly. And covering the stool with rabbit fur was a stroke of pure genius! rolleyes1.gifbow

Thanks, man. thumb.gif

-joel

Hopefully we're all here to help/learn.

Can't wait to see your updated version.
    Randy