J Train On the Williamsburg Bridge

rickbernrickbern Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited October 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I went up on the walkway of the Williamsburg Bridge with a tripod and an 8 second exposure. When you look down from the walkway you see a subway line (umm, an elevated subway line) and a couple of lanes of car traffic travelling beyond the columns. At this exposure the cars are just sort of pools of light.

I love the way the letter J chugs along like a spirograph for the entire 8 seconds in the red shot.

The blue shot is when I turned around back towards manhattan and shot towards the headlights rather than the taillights of vehicular traffic.

Rick

3785162408_a9d0ea8d47_b.jpg

3784354473_dc64810058_b.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 12, 2009
    Hey Rick,
    Those are both absolutely gorgeous. clap.gif I wonder if you could post a slightly smaller version so that it would be easier to see the whole frame without scrolling. Makes it easier to appreciate the composition. thumb.gif
  • rickbernrickbern Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    smaller sizes
    Richard

Sorry. I use firefox on a mac and they scale okay for me. What size should I aim for for greatest compatiblity? I always want these two big because you can't see the "J" clearly at a smaller size.

3785162408_a9d0ea8d47.jpg
    3784354473_dc64810058.jpg
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Pictures with a lot of impact and great colorsclap.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your work...... I have my puter set at full screen and the first set is to big by about and inch......and the second set is to small by a bunch.....

azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Both of these are really outstanding! But the colors in #1 just blew me away. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Very well done indeed. You're really taking a chance photographing a bridge especially at night... lucky you didn't get arrested :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)