Options

~Entry~ #35 Challenge - Blue

Angela DavisAngela Davis Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited October 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Across The Universe

An Abstract of oil, water & egg whites in a blue glass bowl on Super Macro. I thought this has a look of outer space to it ......
thoughts on anything I could have done better with this shot for the challenge =)

Thanxs,
Angela

www.acdavisphotography.com

Across The Universe ACDavis©2009 600x400.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Wow, I like it! The only thing I would suggest is to respect the rule of thirds and see if you have any similar shots where that central bubble is not quite in the center, but off to one side a bit.

Really nice shot.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
    Thank you Kinkajou on your comment on the offset of the main bubble...
    was trying to get more of the full effect with the egg whites on the left side and not thinking on the offset.. very cool, thanks :)
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Very strong entry!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Same thought here about the centrality of the main bubble but unless you have another version that is as strong as this is, I do not recommend cropping this one. The frame as a whole is what makes this amazing. I love the little stars!
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    After you win this challenge, please do a step-by-step tutorial in the follow-up/feedback threads. deal.gif

wings.gif
  • Options
    RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Just curious...
    Across The Universe

An Abstract of oil, water & egg whites in a blue glass bowl on Super Macro. I thought this has a look of outer space to it ......
    thoughts on anything I could have done better with this shot for the challenge =)

Thanxs,
    Angela

www.acdavisphotography.com

Across The Universe ACDavis©2009 600x400.jpg

Is it a solid bowl or translucent? Could you(this is the curiosity part) have set it on a light? Lighting the contents through the bowl, Backlighting the contents in a dim or dark room... Just curious
    Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
    50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
    Canon speedlights and Alien Bees
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I agree with Mark. This entry will win the challenge hands down! Every idea I come up with I put up against this entry, and they all fall short. So great job and idea! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Just wanted to post back and say Thank You so much for the input on my photo and the kindness =)
    I am going to have to roll with this shot as the others that I took just don't work as well as this one does. It is a true pleasure to be around such talented photographers and to get feedback. I look forward to playing around with this type of photo again someday and use the under lighting like suggested. I used a translucent blue glass bowl which gave me the blue for this photo...it will be neat to use other colored glass to see what color effect I get :ivar
    Again, thanks so much everyone... sure are a lot of Great Photos for this Challenge!

Angela

• Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Angela I am so proud of you. This is simply an awesome and creative image.
    How in the world did you ever come up with this idea.

Peace, gail
  • Options
    NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I don't think I ever commented, but love this photo. Well done!clap.gif