shoot from last week, any suggestions?

Cheers!
lexiep3.jpg
D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com

Comments

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Pretty girl and nice poses. May be my crappy monitor but the focus seems to be off a little. I like to see nice crisp images of the face and eyes in particular. Focus seems to be a little more on the scarf in the closeup that her eyes. Are there others you can share with us?
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I like the second one best. At this resolution, the first is really hard to assess how sharp she is in the original, but she does seem soft. Also there is a bit of the background blown out and the camera-left side of her face seems a bit bright.

The second one is sweet. It looks like she is ready to burst out laughing. Exposure seems right as well.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Very nice Gavin. I like your DOF control on these....they also seem to have a very slight blue tint but it could be the monitor that I'm using at the moment. I'll check again when I get home on the calibrated one.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice clap.gif

Whatever softness there may be, it really doesn't bother me at all. The colors are a tad cold, meh.
    Nicely done thumb.gif
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    clap.gif

I agree with Ivar. The technical details or color and exposure do not bother me at all with these shots. Very pretty girl which I think will make a great model for you.

My only real issue is her pose in the second shot. She seems very apprehensive and closed off with her facial expression and arms crossed.

The first one is a great pose though and just screams teenage girl. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Just saw these... I've been slackin', I know!

I really like that second shot - I agree about the focus, but other than that I think it works really well!

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!