Some shots from today - Japanese Tea Garden

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited October 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I posted a few of them in landscapes.. but thought these would be better here. I was just pretty much scouting for a place to shoot some portraits this coming weekend, but thought i'd snap a 100 or so.. :rofl

reflection2.jpg

ripple.jpg

reflection1.jpg

rose1.jpg

#5 (the better half)
steph.jpg
autumiscoming.jpg

thanks for looking
Devin
Devin

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Howdy Devin,

Interesting compositions and perspectives.

About another month or so and the Japanese Maples there will be spectacular and a breathtaking setting for Portraits or Landscapes.

There's some interesting places to shoot over by the Botanical Gardens, behind the Main Building.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    Nice images. What are those things in #2?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    I love the light and colors in #6.

In #5, perhaps it would help to edit out those pinpoint flash reflections in your better half's eyes? The view through the window is exquisitely blurred and exposed, though. It has a rather impressionistic quality. Beautiful work.

#3 is imaginatively framed. Very nice.

I like the circular ripple in the water in #2, but I'm sorry, I can't say what those brown things on the grass look like... sorry. I'm sure they must be some kind of plant material, but that's not what they look like, especially the OOF ones.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Nice series and a lovely place for portraits--hope to see some of the results. I like #3 and #4--nice framing and reflection in #3 and I can never resist a rose and drops, plus the isolation in #4 is quite attractive.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Devin,

Interesting compositions and perspectives.

About another month or so and the Japanese Maples there will be spectacular and a breathtaking setting for Portraits or Landscapes.

There's some interesting places to shoot over by the Botanical Gardens, behind the Main Building.

Kindest Regards,

Craig

Hey Craig - the main point of this trip was just to scout some locations, and i did find a few behing the main building that I will give a shot. As far as the maples in a month.. can't wait.
    Devin
    edited October 13, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Nice images. What are those things in #2?

Thanks Andrew - I'm pretty sure they are roots.. but i'll have to confirm. I just thought they looked interesting enough to snap one.
    Devin
    edited October 13, 2009
    craig_d wrote:
    I love the light and colors in #6.

In #5, perhaps it would help to edit out those pinpoint flash reflections in your better half's eyes? The view through the window is exquisitely blurred and exposed, though. It has a rather impressionistic quality. Beautiful work.

#3 is imaginatively framed. Very nice.

I like the circular ripple in the water in #2, but I'm sorry, I can't say what those brown things on the grass look like... sorry. I'm sure they must be some kind of plant material, but that's not what they look like, especially the OOF ones.

many thanks Craig - on #5, doh.. can't believe i missed that. I will repost that one and try to maybe do a little cropping on #2. again, thanks for the kind words.
    Devin
    edited October 13, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Nice series and a lovely place for portraits--hope to see some of the results. I like #3 and #4--nice framing and reflection in #3 and I can never resist a rose and drops, plus the isolation in #4 is quite attractive.

Lauren

Thank you Lauren - I will post some up after the shoot. i hope to have the same kind of weather/lighting that i had for these.
    Devin
    edited October 13, 2009
    Does this crop work better for the OOF roots in the foreground?
    ripple_edited-1.jpg

I also fixed the flash reflection in #5 (udpated original post)
    Devin