Take The Picture Already!

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 13, 2009 in People
LOL Here's one I snapped today while my son was playing in the yard. C&C welcome

679178623_x2rQx-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    How cool! That is masterful! Your son is very photogenic! It must be in a photographer's genes to have photogenic kids! I love his eyes, the bokeh and the look. Wonderful!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    How cool! That is masterful! Your son is very photogenic! It must be in a photographer's genes to have photogenic kids! I love his eyes, the bokeh and the look. Wonderful!

Thanks kidzmom. We have fun and my son is now getting into the "posing" and different facial expressions. When you ask him to look at you while he is playing and he realizes it's to take a picture...the wheels start turning as he goes through the process of selecting the appropriate mood for the shot. It's very cute.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Very photogenic....Nice shot.

How old is he? I'm waiting to get multiple expressions out of mine other than the teeth/no-teeth.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited October 13, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Very photogenic....Nice shot.

How old is he? I'm waiting to get multiple expressions out of mine other than the teeth/no-teeth.

Hey Andrew....he's 5 and we have 2 daughters, one 3 and the other 6 months.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Wow!!! Mine's 10. Oh well.... at least she puts up with me wanting to experiment (and she has friends who sometimes let me as well).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited October 13, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Wow!!! Mine's 10. Oh well.... at least she puts up with me wanting to experiment (and she has friends who sometimes let me as well).

Laughing.gif Yeah I can't wait until our youngest gets into the act....ought to be loads of fun!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Ha! Mine either poses brilliantly, or puts her hand in front of her face and says "MOM!! NO.MORE.PICTURES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love the eyes you're capturing these days, Randy. What's the secret - anything special other than perfect DOF, interesting comps and accurate exposure? :D
    edited October 13, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Ha! Mine either poses brilliantly, or puts her hand in front of her face and says "MOM!! NO.MORE.PICTURES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love the eyes you're capturing these days, Randy. What's the secret - anything special other than perfect DOF, interesting comps and accurate exposure? :D

Thanks divamum.....I have actually been practicing getting the focal point exactly where I want it first time...sort of like in target shooting....it really has saved several shots because the moment is usually lost after the first second or so which makes the first & second frames even more important.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Randy- great focus and dof. thumb.gif

Two nit picks for you:
    1. Lips seem to red. I would desaturate them just a little.

2. Yellow line on the hat is distracting. Either clone it out or crop to just below it.

Very nice though. clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited October 13, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Randy- great focus and dof. thumb.gif

Two nit picks for you:
    1. Lips seem to red. I would desaturate them just a little.

2. Yellow line on the hat is distracting. Either clone it out or crop to just below it.

Very nice though. clap.gif

Thanks Aaron. I actually thought about the yellow line on the hat..it's actually a hat with my photog logo on it. The lips are actually the real color.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com