Fs: 300 2.8 L Is

z28kenz28ken Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 22, 2009 in House of Canon
2nd owner of a 300 2.8L IS

Photos of the exact lens (literally) are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JustOneSimpleClick/Canon300mmF28IS?authkey=Gv1sRgCNGqu_az2Kn18wE&feat=directlink#

(Photos are from the previous owner, before I purchased the lens.)

Date code: UT0512
Serial Number: 29367

I purchased the lens as I was doing a fair amount of youth sports photography (mostly Little League). I have since decided to focus more on my portrait work, so this lens is seeing less use these days. I do occasionally pull it out for portraits as well (the IQ is great!). As much as I love owning it, I'd be better served selling and putting the money into some other gear.

Selling for $3300 firm.

Located in San Jose, CA and would prefer a local buyer (i.e., face-to-face transaction). Mount up your body, take test shots. Could be convinced to ship it . . .

Thanks,
Ken

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Definitely interested, but I live in the Seattle area. What sort of carrying case if any comes with the deal? By chance do you have a pay-pal account? I may be up to flying in and meeting you at the airport.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • z28kenz28ken Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2009
    Hi,

So answers first. The case is like a mini-suitcase/briefcase. Looks similar to what is pictured here (but obviously specific to a 300/2.8):

http://www.pqphotography.com/Photography/Canon-Sigma-Super-Telephoto/3213569_NgJiY#177329599_ACq3Q

There's also somewhat silly leather pouch that is theoretically the "lens cap".

Yes, I do have PayPal and am willing to accept payment that way (as long as it isn't a credit card transaction).

Here's the situation: I've got three potential buyers ahead of you at the moment. The first is scheduled to look at the lens tomorrow. I'll keep you posted if the initial three end up passing on the lens. Now, on a logistical note, there's a chance I may be headed up to Seattle in early November - and since I'm not any real hurry to sell the lens, if the first three fall buyers fall through and you want to wait, I maybe able to carry it up to you. Would prefer people see the lens in person rather than buying sight unseen. It's in great shape, but there's nothing like holding what you're going to get in your hands :)

Sound fair?

Ken
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    Definitely interested, but I live in the Seattle area. What sort of carrying case if any comes with the deal? By chance do you have a pay-pal account? I may be up to flying in and meeting you at the airport.

Phil
    edited October 13, 2009
    z28ken wrote:
    Hi,

So answers first. The case is like a mini-suitcase/briefcase. Looks similar to what is pictured here (but obviously specific to a 300/2.8):

http://www.pqphotography.com/Photography/Canon-Sigma-Super-Telephoto/3213569_NgJiY#177329599_ACq3Q

There's also somewhat silly leather pouch that is theoretically the "lens cap".

Yes, I do have PayPal and am willing to accept payment that way (as long as it isn't a credit card transaction).

Here's the situation: I've got three potential buyers ahead of you at the moment. The first is scheduled to look at the lens tomorrow. I'll keep you posted if the initial three end up passing on the lens. Now, on a logistical note, there's a chance I may be headed up to Seattle in early November - and since I'm not any real hurry to sell the lens, if the first three fall buyers fall through and you want to wait, I maybe able to carry it up to you. Would prefer people see the lens in person rather than buying sight unseen. It's in great shape, but there's nothing like holding what you're going to get in your hands :)

Sound fair?

Ken

Sounds good to me. I have been renting this lens quite frequently and I have got to step up and buy one soon. I will continue to look elsewhere but if the other interested parties pass I would still be interested.

Phil
    edited October 22, 2009
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    Sounds good to me. I have been renting this lens quite frequently and I have got to step up and buy one soon. I will continue to look elsewhere but if the other interested parties pass I would still be interested.

Phil

Bought one.