Gotta Love His Eyes

My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in People
I just started editing this session and have literally only a handful done, but I couldn't wait to share a few. This is my own little guy, at 9 months. I'll post more later, when I get them out of raw mode- they're edited, but not yet jpeg.

679317594_CnGV9-XL.jpg

679334674_phToF-XL.jpg

679302040_RRSVM-XL.jpg

This image is the same as above, but I can't decide on which crop... what do you think? Input please!
679302135_k27Xy-XL.jpg

-Melissa

www.naturalphotography.smugmug.com
www.naturalphotographydesign.blogspot.com

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Love the 1st one!! clap.gif

What are you using for background and reflection in the last two??

I have been wanting to pick up some yellow too. Is yours seamless paper or something else?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    These are great! I love his hat and sweater. I got a set like this for my son from a Swedish store where everything is handmade. LOVE the colors for fall. I just did some shots of my ds on Saturday. He's 8 months so they are practically the same age. CUTE time, huh! Thanks for sharing! OH yeah, I'm with the above poster on wondering how you did the mirror shot. I'd love to do that too!!!! :)
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    You have a beautiful baby!!!

Love the first one!!

His expression on #2 says "Is she always going to be flashing that thing at me?" rolleyes1.gif And you said, "Yes, little one, this is your lot in life." Great shot!

I'm thinking the crop on #3. Love how you got the reflection looking straight at you!! I'm impressed!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    The yellow background paper is actually bulletin board paper from a teacher resource store... only $5.99.
    The mirror is a flex mirror from photographyprops.com. The lighting for the mirror shots was window light (behind me) and one flash, bounced off of ceiling. You can see other mirror shots I've done on my blog, and as soon as I get the time, I will be posting set-up shots with directions on how to do it. Here's the blog address if you are interested: www.naturalphotographydesign.blogspot.com

AND here are a few more from the yellow background session:

679630005_ZuTSP-L.jpg

679761820_4MNoW-L.jpg

His expression just cracks me up here.
    679780155_nwwZu-L.jpg
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Those are fantastic! So much fun! He looks like a sweet little guy! I'm gearing up to do a fall shoot with my youngest soon too. I wonder if I can get flex mirror here in Europe? How many feet wide? Thanks for the link!
  • My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    Those are fantastic! So much fun! He looks like a sweet little guy! I'm gearing up to do a fall shoot with my youngest soon too. I wonder if I can get flex mirror here in Europe? How many feet wide? Thanks for the link!

I got the 32x24 and it works great for babies. I have him pictured here with only half body (as I had to crop it to hide boy parts, since he wouldn't lay on his belly ;), but I can also get full body shots and got several great ones of him recently, but haven't had time to edit them yet. They will go up on the blog when I post instructions for the how-to. Here's the actual link to this mirror:
    http://www.photographyprops.com/Flexi-Mirror-Photography-Prop-p/flexi.htm

I bet they'll ship to Europe.

-Melissa
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Just the other day I was checking out different sites for backdrops, and seen that Backdrops Outlet has 3 different mirrored backdrops. The one I was looking at was a 24 x 48 which is the mirrored plexiglass for $59.95. They also have black or white reflective models as well. They even have a kit of all three for $159.00, which are 24 x 48 as well. If anyone is interested I found the mirrored one at http://www.backdropoutlet.com/MIRROR-PLEXIGLASS-24X48/productinfo/AB110/ and the kit of 3 at http://www.backdropoutlet.com/3-PLEXIGLASS-COMBO/productinfo/AB113/

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice; That first one is the winner for me clap.gif Thanks for sharing!

I like the mirror shots, but because everthing in the shot is so sharp and 'good' it takes a while for me to focus on the 'correct' baby if you know what I mean lol3.gif
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I adore the second photo of the second set, although there appears to be an orangish/yellow reflective cast on his face (which was likely unavoidable given the surroundings) and I wish his foot wasn't cut off!

Oh and the mirror shot is great, I prefer the second cropthumb.gif
  • DieselDiesel Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Wow, amazing work! Love the first one... Thanks for sharing!