Acadia Shootout Contribution

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Landscapes
Well it's my turn to add my contributions to the images.

It was a great time and I learned a huge amount. The critiques from Marc and Dave were unbelievable and the chance to shoot alongside the pros was a great opportunity. Then just meeting everyone and shooting alongside from before dawn to past sunset was a great learning experience. And when we weren't shooting or listening to critiques, we were sitting around the tables in the ballroom processing and swapping techniques.

My efforts so far.

#1 Portland Head Light

674465872_GwM3T-L.jpg

#2 Sunrise at Cadillac Mountain

674470468_26ueN-L.jpg

Not quite the top because when we got there the top was covered in fog. So most of us when down a couple of hundred feet to an overlook and shot there. The smart ones stayed at the top because just before sunrise the fog blew off.

#3 An Afternoon Shooting at Thunder Hole

675460840_HvgEg-L.jpg

#4 Morning at Jordan Pond

679681430_J79Vo-L.jpg

After we shot sunrise at Cadillac Mountain Thursday morning some of us decided to try our luck at Jordan Pond.

#5 Sunrise at Thunder Hole

679683095_zQQPu-L.jpg

Marc had us trying long exposure shots of the ocean at sunrise. This was a 28sec exposure with a ND8 filter and polarizer. Thanks to Dave Porter for pointing out this angle.

#6 The Obligatory Waterfall

679688869_UXAy9-L.jpg

This was a great waterfall that all of us pretty much shot. My attempt with initial post processing.

#7 The Rewards of Chasing the Light

679683846_NUwif-L.jpg

We were running with Marc, Dave and Andy chasing the sunset on the island. It was well worth the effort. This is also another round of the game of 'Where's Cliff?'.

#8 Sundown

679686913_jTNoK-L.jpg

As always C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking. Other efforts will be added here...

Comments