Options

How much is too much?

KixxKixx Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited October 13, 2009 in Sports
I'm trying to learn as much as I can about 'stuff' here and there and everywhere. How many pictures is 'too much' for a gallery? Do you not post certain pictures that you like, just because you already have 'enough'? Sometimes when I see people's folders with 60-70-80+ pictures in them, I look at a few, and then just say to myself, "Wow, there's just too many to look at, I'm outta here". Well, I am afraid *I* am that person. I find myself posting 60-70-80+ pictures in galleries.

I guess I'm trying to ask something like...

"Is it best to have one page per gallery so the viewer doesn't 'lose interest', or, should I post all the pics that I like?"

Comments

• Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    With event photography people will look for a picture of themselves and will weed through the pages looking.

A few races ago I posted about 8 good shots of a guy and after a while post processing just deleted about 5 others. Yes you guessed it, mom ordered all 8 and probably would have ordered them all. I rarely will have more then 100 of any sporting event that I shoot unless it is an all day tourney.

If it is good include it. People can tell if the thumbnail is them or not and be able to scan through pages pretty quick.
  • Options
    SUMGUYSUMGUY Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I only show 1 or 2 (the best) from each bout and leave them wanting more...seems to work! I shoot 800-1000 shots at each event if there is more than 10 fights. I know the ametures love pics of themselves, but I hate going through galleries of 100's of shots myself. I'm keen to see what people think on this subject.
    So my answer to your question is one page of your best shots instead of 100's of "ok" stuff over countless pages.

Cheers
    Scott
  • Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Scott it depends what we are talking about I guess. I will put one photo up from the event with a small summery and link to a sample gallery. On that page I will have a statement " If you want to buy pictures from this event, go here" that is where I will put all the 70-100 pictures from the event.
  • Options
    SKnightSKnight Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I weeded 255 photos of a football game down to 60 and put that in a gallery. I kept all 255, so if there's interest then I'll create a gallery with all and mark it as so.