Three From The Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia

rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Went down to the Annapolis Valley for the first time this past weekend. Here are three of the shots I ended up taking. I welcome C&C! Just as a note, some minor editing and such has been done on these. I was going for an "intense" feel.

Thanks!

1:
redwall1.jpg

2:
swing1.jpg

3:
tree1.jpg

Comments

• SpinneySpinney Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Damn I'm from the Valley but have been out west for the last 13 years and when I seen the title I was hoping to see some familiar sites but alas while the pictures are nice they do nothing to hold up your post title.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 14, 2009
    I really like the first one. thumb.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Howdy Remi,

Very nice series of images, really love the perspective and colors.

We just returned from 2 wonderful weeks in and around the Annapolis Valley, just such stunning landscapes, history, and people. I won't even mention the Seafood, we are still having withdrawls.

We had the opportunity to meet some of my Wife's family from 10 generations back One was the Historical Society President in Annapolis Royal and his Brother was Conducting Tours over at Port Royal.

Such nice men, and talk about knowing History, both Nova Scotian, and Family. It was dream come true for my Wife and I.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Spinney wrote:
    Damn I'm from the Valley but have been out west for the last 13 years and when I seen the title I was hoping to see some familiar sites but alas while the pictures are nice they do nothing to hold up your post title.

Ahh... but the post title is pictures FROM the valley. Not OF the valley. lol

Sorry to disappoint. Next time I am out in the area I will grab some nice landscape ones for ya!
  • SpinneySpinney Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    rle5 wrote:
    Ahh... but the post title is pictures FROM the valley. Not OF the valley. lol

Sorry to disappoint. Next time I am out in the area I will grab some nice landscape ones for ya!

True dat Rle5, great images none the less! thanks for sharing them, and would love to see more, I think you are on to something with your processing technique can't wait to see more OF the Valley, if you have a chance maybe hit up Port George or Margeretville, some great seascapes and rock cliff out there!

Just make damn sure you now the tide schedule if you are out along the coast line as that tide comes in awfully quick and you DO NOT want to get stuck out their when it does come in! It will give all new meaning to INTENSE feel!

Cheers, Randy