A good friend..

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited October 16, 2009 in People
buddy of mine i've known for 22 years now.. trying my hand at some BW, C&C very welcomed.
gene1.jpg
Devin

Comments

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Not a bad shot. thumb.gif
    IMHO, the blacks are too black and the whites are/or flirting with being blown out.... perhaps try playing with it under an adjustment, levels layer.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I agree about the black and white extremes. Perhaps this was shot with an on camera direct flash? It would be better to bounce the flash or use natural lighting if that was the case. Playing in PSE or whatever you have with the Levels might help a lot too. Nice job!
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    D'buggs
    yes, when processing this I didnt care to much for the background, so I went a little overboard with the blacks. I'll have another got at it.

kidzmom
    I did shoot this with an on-board flash, should have stuck to natual light (more of my normal - hardly ever use flash). I'll see if i can tone them down a bit.

Thanks for your responses, feedback is much appreciated.
    Devin
    edited October 15, 2009
    This one look any better (except the power line going through his head now)?
    gene2.jpg

although i corrected some the blown B/W.. still seems to be missing something.. can't put my finger on it (maybe nothing.. just not the best shot)
    Devin
  • ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I like this version better. You can always clone out the power lines. I think what would help the lost now is a crop to get rid of the vast empty space on either side of him.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Clixphoto wrote:
    I like this version better. You can always clone out the power lines. I think what would help the lost now is a crop to get rid of the vast empty space on either side of him.

I understand now what led you down the path of the opening shot. This one is better but if you're not liking it, do it again or just work on the parts that you feel need modifying.

MO.
    edited October 16, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    I understand now what led you down the path of the opening shot. This one is better but if you're not liking it, do it again or just work on the parts that you feel need modifying.

MO.

yea, i think a re-shoot is in order.. I think I was close, but missed the mark.
    thanks for the C&C all the same thumb.gif
    Devin