Shots in the village

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited October 17, 2009 in People
I had fun with these. Maybe a little heavy handed on the color processing (oversat in some and undersat in others), but anyway.....here goes! Let me know what you think :) I'm still very much experimenting with EVERYTHING. I was on full M for these which is my 2nd shoot now this way. My personal fav is #3. It is heavy but it moves me. Hope you enjoy and feel free to ream me if you want (I'm determined to get better)! :)

KaitlynVillage1Reduced.jpg

KaitlynVillage7Resized.jpg

KaitlynVillage2Reduced.jpg

KaitlynVillage4Resized.jpg

KaitlynVillage3Resized.jpg

KaitlynVillage5Resized.jpg

KaitlynVillage8Resized.jpg

KaitlynVillage6Resized.jpg

And the big sister

KristaVillage2Resized.jpg

KristaVillage3Resized.jpg

KristaVillage1Resized.jpg

Comments

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    I like them. Beautiful girls, great expressions and lots of personality. Gorgeous eyes!!! Thanks for sharing.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Really like what you've done. Nice shots!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Really like what you've done. Nice shots!!

I like 3 - the "eyes have it" - and 6 - I like the wall; sometimes, with all of our great close-up portraits, that children are actually small and part of their appeal. I like the colors.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Les deux sont si belles!

All that yellow stone has me flashing back to the summer I spent in the Dordogne near Rocamadour, on one of my first summer singing programs before I started at conservatory. Ah, days of yore.... rolleyes1.gif

What lovely girls and lovely shots. I particularly like 9, although I would probably crop it a bit tighter, particularly at the top. 11 & 1 are also just lovely, but to single them out would be to ignore how great the series is as a whole. You're good at this, Kidzmom! thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    JUST lovely, I love the colors. I love the mix of green moss, yellow stone, and mauve tones from the clothing.
    You are moving ahead full speed on honing you skills. Well done.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Charming models! I like your style and want to see more of them...
    Thank you!
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Rhondavid, Andrew, Sara, Divamum, VaycayMom and Yuri, THANK YOU for your kind words! Honestly your feedback means very much to me. I am wanting to improve so badly and I'm always so intimidated to share my images. I'm happy that you liked them. I like to know WHAT about the pictures work or doesn't work, so your feedback is really so valuable to me. My models inspire me as does the backdrop of our village. I could spend DAYS taking pictures here. I wish I had more time to devote to my passion. You'll see more of this in the weeks to come as I hone in on my favorite shot sites :)

DivaMum, that is AWESOME that you were in France at the conservatory! Wow.... I believe that is somewhere in the South West if I am not mistaken? The old village cobblestone, walls, moss, colombage and other beautiful touches are just SO inspiring for me. To think that some of these buildings were here even before the United States existed is unreal to to think about. I'm glad that it brings back fond memories for you. I love it here!!!

Thank you again everyone. I'm glad at least some of these images worked for you!

Kelly
  • MisterMcCruffMisterMcCruff Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Beautiful setting and some lovely shots!
    #1 and #3 are my personal favourites.
    The leading lines and angle in #1 are great but #3 is absolutely gorgeous. A slight vignette might give a little more texture to the walls and at the same time, draw a little more attention to those stunning eyes.
    Great job!
    Chris :)
    Cameras: Gripped 30D, EOS 33 35mm, Ricoh KR10, Sony DSC-H7.
    Lenses:
    Canon 17-40mm f/4 L USM, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM.
    Lighting:
    Canon 430EX II, Nikon SB24, Konig stand, Stofen omnibounce, 33" brolly, DIY beauty dish + diffusers.
    Misc: UV+CPL filters, reverse mount adapters, Velbon tripod. Photoshop CS3

*clicky flickr clicky*
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I love the processing that you did on them - I think it suits the pictures. You captured some great expressions. I really like them. thumb.gif
  • GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice series.....these are awesome!clap.gif
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    THANK YOU Mr. McCruff, Met and GP images, for your kind words.

When one is first getting started on a passionate path....all the positive (and even negative) reinforment is very welcomed! It helps me feel like I can actually do this! There are definately days when I doubt that I'm making any progress at all, so hearing that these worked for you is music to my ears!!

:D Kelly
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I too like your processing...very nice. Your techniques and post processing make the shot interesting.

Nice...thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed