Sunrise on the West Plains...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited October 18, 2009 in Landscapes
I stopped and tried to record the beautiful sunrise on my way to work yesterday morning. It was all gray and wet this morning:(. Would you mind giving me your opinion on these 2 photos?

Thanks, Ron

680927455_RXv46-XL.jpg

680927426_uM8dR-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• phalvorsonphalvorson Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    ront wrote:
    I stopped and tried to record the beautiful sunrise on my way to work yesterday morning. It was all gray and wet this morning:(. Would you mind giving me your opinion on these 2 photos?

Thanks, Ron

Beautiful colors. What's the difference between the two? Are you using HDR on the second one, or just different metering?
    Palmer Halvorson
    www.palmerhalvorson.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Thanks, the second one is an HDR photo using 3 different exposures, blended in Photomatix and finished in CS3.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I prefer the HDR shot for sure Ront, I like being able to see the lights as well as the darks and the photo just looks much more complete to me in #2. Well done - love the feel of peace surrounding the distant building as well.
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Ron, I definately like the hdr
    left ya a note over at OP, this is much bettermwink.gif