A few favorites from the Acadia Shootout

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited July 12, 2010 in Landscapes
I had such a great time at the Shootout and learned a ton!! Like Fred said, its going to take quite a while to go thru all the photos, especially after all the helpful processing tips I got from Marc. The critiques were very educational but I also learned a lot just from being around the other DGrin members. I thought I would start with a few of my favorites. It was great meeting everyone!! See you next year!

Stephanie

#1 A top the South Bubble at Bubble Rock looking out over Eagle Lake

681314366_GqojA-XL-2.jpg

#2 Jordan Stream

681315695_XfrfC-XL.jpg

#3 Jordan Stream
681319842_qz48X-XL.jpg

#4 Jordan Stream
681318140_WTU8k-XL.jpg

#5 On the drive home - Fort Knox looking out over Bucksport, ME
681324437_JJBPT-XL.jpg

#6 Sunrise at Thunder Hole
681327890_oRuAC-L.jpg

#7 Bass Harbor
681326157_72jYZ-XL.jpg

#8 Sunrise at Boulder Beach
681329315_9bnAE-XL.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Whoa, nice :D

Very nice to see you at the shootout, and I love the water pics! Well done clap.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Love the series, Stephanie. My favorites are the sequence at Jordan Stream but especially #3 with the light in the background. The light in #6 is also outstanding, especially when played against the color in the clouds.
  • CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Great job on #7 thumb.gif

and a wonderful series.

Liz and I took a side trip to Bucksport Saturday when it rained. Such a cool little town with can't miss views from or of the bridge.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Love the series, Stephanie. My favorites are the sequence at Jordan Stream but especially #3 with the light in the background. The light in #6 is also outstanding, especially when played against the color in the clouds.

Totally agree. The Jordan Stream series is awesome!clap.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice series. Love the jordan stream shots.
    RON
  • stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Nice series! Great stream shots, I love #3. I should have stopped at Fort Knox. That's a nice view.
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif The whole series is quite nice, and the Jordan stream photos and #7 are great, but I like the first one quite a bit. The clouds realy make the shot for me.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Superb series Stephanie. I love them all clap.gifclap.gif
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Stephanie,

Outstanding series. thumb.gif

I should have followed your lead and taken in Bucksport when I left Bar Harbor. Wind was blowing and no moose in Baxter State Park. Looks like I missed some good photo ops in Bucksport.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Love all the steams! Beautiful shots Stephanie.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Hi Stephanie! Nice job - the Fort Knox scene is great! And so is your sunrise from Thunderhole. It was really nice to meet you and travel with you - thanks for picking me up in Boston! Hope to see you next year.

ann
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Hi Stephanie, It was nice meeting you at the shootout. Great set of pic's but I really, really like #7.
    I see you made it up to Bubble Rock. I took too much gear when I went up there. Next time I climb a mountain trail it's a 1 camera and 2 lens limit for me. :D
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. My goal for the trip was to get one of those "silky" stream shots, so I was really happy with my Jordan Stream outing.

Fred- Yes, we made it up the South Bubble. I took stuffjunkie & DavidS85 up with me. I'm not sure they were so happy on the trail, but we did get some nice scenes from the top.

Dixie - I feel so bad about your luck in Baxter State Park. I was really looking forward to seeing some of your moose pictures. I'll be going white water rafting in the spring up that way, who knows maybe I'll see my first moose in the wild then.

Ann- Thanks, it was really nice to have a travel companion on the trip north. Hope you had a great day shooting in Salem & Boston, Monday was a beautiful day in RI. Thanks again for all your hard work on the Shootout -everything was great. See you next year.

Stephanie
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Stephanie - Wonderful series! Glad you accomplished your goal with your silky stream shots--it's always nice to see somebody achieve one of those photo goals. You surely did a nice job with those. I like the bridge one best of your Jordan Pond shots. And really nice job with the Fort Knox shot. I stopped there to shoot the bridge but didn't see any good compositions where I was. Where was this spot you shot? I love the lines!

Surely enjoyed meeting you at the shootout.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • bradtroyphotographybradtroyphotography Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2010
    Great collection of shots here. I hope I have a chance to get to Acadia sometime in the near future!

Brad Troy Photography
    View my Landscape, Cityscape & Nature Photography

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." ~Ansel Adams~