Options

No Title.

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I Took this while shooting the China Open last week. I saw here and saw a great picture. I am not sure that I did it full justice though.

PLEASE CRITIQUE
681436216_LP8yU-L.jpg
PLEASE CRITIQUE
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 15, 2009
    That's beautiful light and you made the most of it. clap.gif Without knowing what the rest of the scene looked like it's always a little dodgy to suggest different framing. Nevertheless, if you had shot a little bit lower, you could have avoided amputating the hand and perhaps eliminated the thing at the top that protects cables. Nothing you can do now about the hand, but I would consider a crop to eliminate the cables, which are a distraction.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I Took this while shooting the China Open last week. I saw here and saw a great picture. I am not sure that I did it full justice though.

PLEASE CRITIQUE

PLEASE CRITIQUE
    I think you did it justice, Aaron, but unfortunately what you saw was an attractive woman, not a great picture.rolleyes1.gif Yes, she's blond. Yes, she's attractive. And, yes, it's shot from a nice vantage point. But if she's not your mother, your sister, or your heart throb, what's the point? Sorry. headscratch.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    You are a hard profrolleyes1.gifclap

I took the picture not only because she was and is a truly attractive woman, but mostly because of the beautiful light. In fact, that is what caught my eye.

She is a VIP, and she was looking for here seat....

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    You are a hard profrolleyes1.gifclap

I took the picture not only because she was and is a truly attractive women, but mostly because of the beautiful light.

She is a VIP, and she was looking for here seat....

I guess I am...rolleyes1.gif But I don't do anyone any favors if I don't call them as I see them. I may well be wrong - I'm sure I often am - but...

Yes, This was nice light - if there's something worth shooting in it. You say she's a "VIP," but a., the photo doesn't say that. And, b, all that means is that she's someone who paid allot for a ticket.

I believe this is one of those photos where what was in the photographer's head simply doesn't make it to the screen or print. You were swept up in the moment - the excitement of the Open, the beautiful people, the VIPs, the lovely light, and shot. But what was in your heart doesn't show up in this image. This is a common problem, and every photographer falls victim to it.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    I guess I am...rolleyes1.gif But I don't do anyone any favors if I don't call them as I see them. I may well be wrong - I'm sure I often am - but...

Yes, This was nice light - if there's something worth shooting in it. You say she's a "VIP," but a., the photo doesn't say that. And, b, all that means is that she's someone who paid allot for a ticket.

I believe this is one of those photos where what was in the photographer's head simply doesn't make it to the screen or print. You were swept up in the moment - the excitement of the Open, the beautiful people, the VIPs, the lovely light, and shot. But what was in your heart doesn't show up in this image. This is a common problem, and every photographer falls victim to it.

I love being a photographer:D I get to get beat up on and encouraged in the same postrolleyes1.gif

I say she money from what I see in the picture only. I know she is a VIP because of the jade she is wearing. I have been in the market of antiques for quite a while now, and know what is worth a lot of money and what is plain junk. The jade that she is wearing is not the kind that you can buy for a few thousand RMB. It is worth tens of thousands......I am not pulling your leg at all. In the world of new jade it is worth that much, but in the world of antiques, I would not pay 10 cents for it! Sorry for the ramble.

But that aside, I totally agree that VIP only means that she has money, but that's good, right?clap.gif

Let me get this strait, cause I am tired and want to go to bed, so I am a bit fuzzy.....As to the light, I did good, but as to a story, I failed.....Am I correct? I guess it would be considered a good portrait/candid?

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    That's beautiful light and you made the most of it. clap.gif Without knowing what the rest of the scene looked like it's always a little dodgy to suggest different framing. Nevertheless, if you had shot a little bit lower, you could have avoided amputating the hand and perhaps eliminated the thing at the top that protects cables. Nothing you can do now about the hand, but I would consider a crop to eliminate the cables, which are a distraction.

I will crop those out and see what I get.

Thanks Richard!

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I love being a photographer:D I get to get beat up on and encouraged in the same postrolleyes1.gif

I say she money from what I see in the picture only. I know she is a VIP because of the jade she is wearing. I have been in the market of antiques for quite a while now, and know what is worth a lot of money and what is plain junk. The jade that she is wearing is not the kind that you can buy for a few thousand RMB. It is worth tens of thousands......I am not pulling your leg at all. In the world of new jade it is worth that much, but in the world of antiques, I would not pay 10 cents for it! Sorry for the ramble.

But that aside, I totally agree that VIP only means that she has money, but that's good, right?clap.gif

Let me get this strait, cause I am tired and want to go to bed, so I am a bit fuzzy.....As to the light, I did good, but as to a story, I failed.....Am I correct? I guess it would be considered a good portrait/candid?

The light is very nice. But as a photo - photo - I'm afraid I'm left scratching my head. :cry
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited October 15, 2009
    Darn....

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D