35,000 feet

brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
edited December 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this last week and thought I would share. I have a few more to post just have not had time to touch them up

676458891_HAJRn-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Nice photo -- that's up high :D

What's below? Any town or what state?
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    below would be PA. I got to watch the sun rise from above that morning and it was beautiful. From dark to light, it was a great experience.
    edited October 16, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    below would be PA. I got to watch the sun rise from above that morning and it was beautiful. From dark to light, it was a great experience.

That would be beautiful to see :D
    edited October 16, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    That would be beautiful to see :D

It was an absolutely surreal experience - and yes beautiful. I have a few other shots from that morning, not all quite as good on smug gallery :)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Cool shot indeed and blue...Any thoughts about entering it in the "blue" challenge---beats the doggies:D .
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited October 16, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    It was an absolutely surreal experience - and yes beautiful. I have a few other shots from that morning, not all quite as good on smug gallery :)

Can't find your smuggy site :cry
    edited October 16, 2009
    Cool shot indeed and blue...Any thoughts about entering it in the "blue" challenge---beats the doggies:D .

funny you say that I was going to and did not know if I should - I think you just convinced me :)
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    I got to watch the sun rise from above that morning and it was beautiful. From dark to light, it was a great experience.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, really beautiful, blah, blah, blah...unfortunately, too many times when I saw sunrise from that altitude, it was after 10 hours of refueling B-52s, or because we had to report at 0-dark-thirty to drag a gaggle of F-4s somewhere. eek7.gif

Beautiful shot, though thumb.gif
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Great shot! I love the sky and I love to fly although I do not get to very often.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited October 18, 2009
    entered in the blue challenge :)
    edited October 18, 2009
    Happy to hear you entered it in the blue challenge thumb.gif

Moose -- I love the "0-dark-thirty" -- gonna have to use that one on the hubby when I want to get up early and head out shooting rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 19, 2009
    well, I did not fair so well - but I must say - that the of all the photos in there, I did not expect to fair well. This board is filled with very very talented and creative photographers - I think that I will sit the challenges out and just enjoy the entries :)
    edited October 19, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    well, I did not fair so well - but I must say - that the of all the photos in there, I did not expect to fair well. This board is filled with very very talented and creative photographers - I think that I will sit the challenges out and just enjoy the entries :)

No, no no!
    Keep at it.
    This is my 5th entry--I started doing the Challenges from the get go (when I first got my camera in July '09)--I have learned so much from doing them because it pushes you out of a comfort zone and forces you to try new things. I made it to the finals once--my next goal is to get at least one vote, lol.

I'm glad you put that entry in--now your feet are wet, so just keep at it. I liked your shot--yes the competition is fierce, but so what?

Also you don't know how you faired because the judges haven't picked yet--the one time I made it to the finals, no one picked me as their favorite top 10, yet I still somehow made it through. So you never know.

Don't make me call you chicken! lol:D
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited October 19, 2009
    No, no no!
    Keep at it.
    This is my 5th entry--I started doing the Challenges from the get go (when I first got my camera in July '09)--I have learned so much from doing them because it pushes you out of a comfort zone and forces you to try new things. I made it to the finals once--my next goal is to get at least one vote, lol.

I'm glad you put that entry in--now your feet are wet, so just keep at it. I liked your shot--yes the competition is fierce, but so what?

Also you don't know how you faired because the judges haven't picked yet--the one time I made it to the finals, no one picked me as their favorite top 10, yet I still somehow made it through. So you never know.

Don't make me call you chicken! lol:D

Right in the stones!!!

Thanks for that :) - I guess what I meant to say is for now I will sit on the side lines :)
    edited October 19, 2009
    brvheart wrote:

You did fair well -- you submitted a photo and to me that is doing good. As for me...I've not done that yet, but hopefully someday I will.
    edited December 31, 2009
    One more from the series - thought that I had posted this already - guess I did not.....

684496902_xqfSn-M.jpg
    edited December 31, 2009
    Beautiful -- the colors just pop on my screen. And the tilt works for me with this thumb.gif
    edited December 31, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Beautiful -- the colors just pop on my screen. And the tilt works for me with this thumb.gif

Thanks Mary :). I dont shoot a lot of tilt (unless on accident lol) but this one was meant to be like that, I wish that I had shot it straight as well though, when I straighten I loose to much of the image.
    edited December 31, 2009
    Hey there,
    I really like your new image--I think the tilt works too!
    I'm not normally a fan of tilt images, but sometimes I think it's called for, and I think it is here.

Gorgeous colors .
    Liz A.
    _________