A Walk among the Graves

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited October 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Been in WV for awhile and waiting for the leaves to change. It has rained this whole month so wait, wait, wait. On a rare sunny few hours I took a walk visiting family & friends.

681855083_xPc4X-L.jpg

681924180_s5u7U-L.jpg

681852464_YAU8x-L.jpg

Comments

• J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    I like the first one, looks like you got pretty low to take this shot, looking at it I almost feel small. Fall is defiantly my favorite time of the year...I'm in northern Indiana, and it seems like its taking forever for those leaves to fully change color.

Are those real deer in the last one, took me a minute to see them, thanks for sharing.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice series Eia
    Hard to pick a favorite as the colors and comp are great in all of them. Guess the deer are seeking sanctuary as hunting season has probably started down there.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    J Allen wrote:
    I like the first one, looks like you got pretty low to take this shot, looking at it I almost feel small. Fall is defiantly my favorite time of the year...I'm in northern Indiana, and it seems like its taking forever for those leaves to fully change color.

Are those real deer in the last one, took me a minute to see them, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment. The deer are real. They are all over the place. It seems like it is taking a longer time than usual for the leaves to change color.
    edited October 15, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice series Eia
    Hard to pick a favorite as the colors and comp are great in all of them. Guess the deer are seeking sanctuary as hunting season has probably started down there.

There you are!!!! Good to see you back!!! Thanks for the comment. The deer are thick around here. It is near rutting time; I spotted a buck lurking among the graves and chasing anything he saw!
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Very nice ones Eia. thumb.gif I see the deer now. Missed them at first till Jack
    mentioned. Then I had to go back and look harder over all 3.
    I find myself really attracted to image 2 in this set. There are such
    nice trees there for fall color. Out here we have to range far and wide for
    such a special place with many colorful trees.
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2009
    Howdy Eia,

Wonderful set of images, the rich tones of the leaves and landscape go so well with the Cemetery.

Love the Deer, really grounds the image.

Very nicely done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • GOTJGOTJ Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Beautiful series, love the perspectives and the light is gorgeous.
    Thomas
    Walk the wilderness(A blog showcasing our experiences through photographs of wildlife found in India)
    edited October 16, 2009
    Thanks all for your comments. If the sun every shines again I hope to get back when the leaves are a bit more colorful. Maybe I can sneak up on the deer! :D
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Hi Eia......Beautiful colors... If I was to have a favorite it would be the second one......thumb.gif azzaro
    edited October 17, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Eia......Beautiful colors... If I was to have a favorite it would be the second one......thumb.gif azzaro

Thanks Azzaro; it is definitely different colors from Arizona! :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Hi Eia,

Very nice set. I'm glad the weather broke enough for you to get out and put your talent to work.

Take Care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.