By the roadside

BoutteBoutte Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
We finally got some cool weather last Saturday (low 80's) so I took a little drive and shot some of the sights along the road to the mouth of Miss. River.
IMG_4263a.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4303a.jpg

4 IMG_4474a.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    I like #1 and really like #3.
    #2 has that purple in the clouds that doesn't look like it belongs. Did you push the vibrance or saturation way up across the board?

I like the idea of #4, but I think there is just too much moss and the bridge and the shorelines get kinda muddied, IMO.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • BoutteBoutte Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I like #1 and really like #3.
    #2 has that purple in the clouds that doesn't look like it belongs. Did you push the vibrance or saturation way up across the board?

I like the idea of #4, but I think there is just too much moss and the bridge and the shorelines get kinda muddied, IMO.
    Yeah, on# 2 the picture is vey flat so it took a lot manipulation. I think the problem with 4 is that the picture is too small. I should probably crop about 1/3 of the top and recompose it.
    edited October 16, 2009
    This is a little better but the low quality of the lens starts to show.
    IMG_4474crpd.jpg
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Much better from this end!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Howdy Boutte,

Really like your images, always love seeing things from Southern Louisiana.

The first image really has a good feel to it, and even the last one, if scaled to show on the scale with out scrolling is great as well.

Got any more?
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 17, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Boutte,

The first image really has a good feel to it, and even the last one, if scaled to show on the scale with out scrolling is great as well.

Got any more?
    Here's one I'm having a hard time with. I keep thinking there's a good picture in here somewhere but I just can't seem to bring it out.
    IMG_4450d.jpg
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Boutte wrote:
    I keep thinking there's a good picture in here somewhere

i do too...
    for me this is the best of the bunch, maby play around with a darker color scheme?
    i find the dead trees and the poles maby clash a bit with the colors you have now.
    just a suggestion:
    4020276836_bdb15b547c_o.jpg
    edited October 17, 2009
    i do too...
    for me this is the best of the bunch, maby play around with a darker color scheme?
    i find the dead trees and the poles maby clash a bit with the colors you have now.
    just a suggestion:
    4020276836_bdb15b547c_o.jpg
    Yeah, I was going in the opposite direction, trying to bring the yellow in the vegetation out more. I like this. I also did a B&W version.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I like your eye for the scene with this series. I've spent a lot of time in this type environment myself and you've done well at capturing the " feel " of the area.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RocketlilyRocketlily Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    #1 and the recropped version of #4 really make me want to see Louisana. The colors of the flowers in #3 are a great contrast to the weathered wood and barb wire. Very beautiful.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Howdy Boutte,

For your "devastation image" I really like it as well, a very powerful image, a memory that tells a story, especially for anyone that's seen the remmants of bad storms.

I think that if you were to clone out the portion of the tree in the left corner, and then crop it to be a thinner pano, and possibly B&W, would really make it a strong image. It would be a super image as you shot it if the base/trunk of the tree were the left border, but with just the branches hanging there draw the eye and to me has it unbalanced. Also, if it had a little more road to follow/lead into the shot.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 20, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Boutte,

Got any more?
    http://boutte.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Plaquemines/10025647_fQfFd#686481657_jqDXk