Little Bo Peep and the sheepdog

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited October 17, 2009 in People
Well yesterday I got a wild hair. I set aside all my mounds of editing and decided to play. All day. What happened was I had a thought... It came to me... the perfect Halloween costume for my youngest is Little Bo Peep. Especially since her favorite thing in all the world is our silly little white poodle. So, I spent the day remaking a dress that I had made 5 years ago for her big sister, and sewing a little bonnet to match... The staff is just a plastic candycane covered in white duct tape. Yeah, more than you needed to know.

But what topped it off (for me) is she agreed to do a photo shoot outside, and since we don't have snow yet... it was perfect!

1. Bo peep and her sheepdog
682608743_mWMQk-XL.jpg

Sheep come when you wistle. (Didn't you know that!?)

682608023_Y27Fz-L.jpg

682610920_cx4kR-L.jpg

682615953_oLcsF-M.jpg

5. On this one I lowered the ambient by about 1 stop and then pumped the flash through the brolly at fec 0. It makes for a fun studio look.
682615084_hgvoK-M.jpg

6. This one reminds me of Holly Hobby.
682613440_Lo5ME-L.jpg

Apparently she loved the costume since she wanted to wear it to school this morning.

So now we have one costume down... and two to go. Got any ideas for a 5th grade boy?

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Adorable! These are going in a book you're creating, right? I mean, come on Fred.....these are so charming! thumb.gif Oh, BTW.....she looks a little like you......more like...spittin image!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    well done! haha

clap.gifclap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Love, love, love 'em! Isn't it fun when you get to do all that Dream Mommy stuff that so often gets lost in the whirl of every day life? This one will be memories material forever - AWESOMEness in a big way.

And she's just so darned cute (as is the dog - what fun!)

ETA: 5th grade boy.... Jack Sparrow (PIrates of the Caribbean)? Little Jack Horner? Little Boy Blue (he'd hate that, I'm sure, but hey - keeping with the Mother Goose theme ... rolleyes1.gif) Miss Muffett's Spider?
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Love, love, love 'em! Isn't it fun when you get to do all that Dream Mommy stuff that so often gets lost in the whirl of every day life? This one will be memories material forever - AWESOMEness in a big way.

And she's just so darned cute (as is the dog - what fun!)

ETA: 5th grade boy.... Jack Sparrow (PIrates of the Caribbean)? Little Jack Horner? Little Boy Blue (he'd hate that, I'm sure, but hey - keeping with the Mother Goose theme ... rolleyes1.gif) Miss Muffett's Spider?

Anything but snoopy doggie dog rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Fantastic shots. Nice when you get to take such great shots of a child enjoying your own handiwork.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, well done and precious.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Beyond adorable! The colors and treatments are delicious. You did a darling job on the costume, too. WTG, Mom! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Thanks Steve, Caroline, Diva, Qarik, and Andrew... She certainly is a doll. And she is really fun to dress up!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Very well done. I just love 2 & 4. Almost makes me wish I had youngins again!!!
  • blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    so nice, lighting,everthing well done
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    How adorable and what a creative set! Too funny about the little lamb. How old is your daughter? She is a doll for sure and the outfit suits her so well. Love all of the shots!thumb.gif