edited October 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Los Angeles County Park
777-vr-r5715_6_f0299-v2.jpg

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    I remember Hollywood using this location for almost every film done in the 70s and 80s, but it never looked so cool. Great image just a bit too much contrastthumb.gif
  • yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Nice!
    seeing this reminds me that I need to go there, as it is on my list of places to visit.
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I feel like I am hugging the side as I walk along the wall! Very nice I think!
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I remember Hollywood using this location for almost every film done in the 70s and 80s, but it never looked so cool. Great image just a bit too much contrastthumb.gif

Thanks Marc. The place was a nuthouse for a Thursday. I was hoping it'd be all nice and quiet, but no chance. Baby Phat was filming a commercial there and there were models and grips and camera people all over the rocks above and to the left. It was pretty harsh light, and I only had maybe 20 minutes or so, so I just stayed in the shade and off to where the good stuff was. -- Stepping further back intp the Wayback Machine, I remember the Lone Ranger doing his 'Hi-ho Silver', thing there.

777-vr-r5715_6_f0299-v3.jpg

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 18, 2009
    yendikeno wrote:
    seeing this reminds me that I need to go there, as it is on my list of places to visit.

I need to go back again. It's pretty cool there.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 18, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I feel like I am hugging the side as I walk along the wall! Very nice I think!

Thanks Eia. This was the site of a shootout back in the 1870s.

http://mojavedesert.net/people/vasquez.html

Next time I go out there I'm going to see if I can figure out exactly where.

BTW- My granddaughter decide to start navy boot camp next week. You are right. The camera helps. :)
    Anybody can do it.