Night corn Stalks.

SpinneySpinney Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited October 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Thought I would try a little light painting at night on a long exposure, not a new technique but new and fun for me!

NightStalk.jpg

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Very interesting. Great colors and superb manipulation of light.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Howdy Spinney,

Very Nicely done, love the crispness of the image and great imagination on the shot. Very clever use of light, really draws you right in.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I like it thumb.gif

Did you use your car lights for this? I took a photo similar to this during the day, but night time is much better. Looking up towards the night sky really adds a touch of "yes" to this photo thumb.gif
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    wow, I am digging this shot - did you use your head lights on this one?
  • SpinneySpinney Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    The light source was a 18v Ryobi flashlight out of my tool kit, it took a few attempts to get the light consistent throughout. A little dodging and burning and voila, I really must get out there and play some more as I enoyed the peacefulness f the time of nite I was shooting, made the picture worth that much more to me:)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Spinney wrote:
    The light source was a 18v Ryobi flashlight out of my tool kit, it took a few attempts to get the light consistent throughout. A little dodging and burning and voila, I really must get out there and play some more as I enoyed the peacefulness f the time of nite I was shooting, made the picture worth that much more to me:)

Using flashlights to take photos at night is fun. Its always my first choice of light source. Your flashlight is much more powerful then mine :cry

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the peacefulness the country has to offer at night :D
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    This one is pretty cool, something not everyone would think of. The blue night sky anchors the shot I think. I found myself searching the ground looking for the blood spattered:hack machete, it will be Halloween soon you know. Nice job.
    wl
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 23, 2009