?? about premium / boutique packaging

flatfootflatfoot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 18, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

When i first started researching smugmug and zenfolio. The deciding factor to go with smugmug was the fact they had a contract with Bay Photo. I had visited their site and really liked the products they offered and their packaging options.

I love photography but this is a business and its the little things that set you apart.

I wanted to be able to offer premium packaging. I don't hand deliver my items and have thought about doing this due to the fact that I don't like the cardboard presentation. Theses are suppose to be memorable heirloom pieces for many generations to enjoy.
Shouldn't they be present as a gift?

It maybe operator error and I just haven't figured out how to have my items sent in boutique boxes.
If its not available can they just add a cost to each photo like they do for the color correction.

I want to give the best customer service possible.
I'm not in the states so its difficult for me to find stuff locally due to language barrier.
If anyone else presents there items to their customers in boutique boxes please let me know who you use.

I really like using the shopping cart.
I would prefer not to have to go straight thru Photolab.
That is doing the work twice and I'm not about making more work.
I'm about being efficient with my time.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.
Have a great weekend~ DB

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    It's in the plans to offer boutique packaging (and some more goodies regarding your shipments) - give us some more time, thanks. We've begun the early work, now doing operational stuff then we'll need to add a bit of sorcery.
  • flatfootflatfoot Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 18, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    It's in the plans to offer boutique packaging (and some more goodies regarding your shipments) - give us some more time, thanks. We've begun the early work, now doing operational stuff then we'll need to add a bit of sorcery.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your efficient customer service.
    I'm excited that you will be offering them but I wonder how long til then.
    I saw from other post that smug pros have been waiting for some time now for coupons.
    I don't know what it takes to make it happen but just wondering this way I can take some measures in ref to presentation until then.

I have another question too.
    In ref to branding
    Would it be possible to offer templates designed for information packages, referral programs or promo pieces. Just add logo text & photo. Something like the christmas cards that are offered now
    Just an idea. I'm just starting out and I've noticed that other photographer friends buy from one location such a WHCC for their business and customers. It would be nice to do the same.
    I would love a template where there's the monthly calender and you just add your picture & business name and text.
    That would be great all the way around because that would be 12 5x5 pictures being purchased by wow however many customers you would mail it to. Or you could even offer it to the customer and they could purchase their own calender. Again another way to make money.
    Just some thoughts.
    Again I'm new and I don't know how difficult this is to do.
    I am not tech savy at all but I am creative.
    Too bad I can't hire someone to do the computer side of the business but someday I will.
    Until then I'll just say a few choice words at my computer while I figure things out. :)

Have a great weekend and thank you again for replying so quickly.
    Again customer service is why I chose your company over Blu Domain, Zenfolio etc...

Take care ~ DB
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    flatfoot wrote:
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for your efficient customer service.
    I'm excited that you will be offering them but I wonder how long til then.
    I saw from other post that smug pros have been waiting for some time now for coupons.
    I don't know what it takes to make it happen but just wondering this way I can take some measures in ref to presentation until then.
    I'm sorry - we won't give the dates.... but it's very, very important and a big part of our plans.

I have another question too.
    In ref to branding
    Would it be possible to offer templates designed for information packages, referral programs or promo pieces. Just add logo text & photo. Something like the christmas cards that are offered now
    Just an idea. I'm just starting out and I've noticed that other photographer friends buy from one location such a WHCC for their business and customers. It would be nice to do the same.
    I would love a template where there's the monthly calender and you just add your picture & business name and text.
    That would be great all the way around because that would be 12 5x5 pictures being purchased by wow however many customers you would mail it to. Or you could even offer it to the customer and they could purchase their own calender. Again another way to make money.
    Just some thoughts.
    Again I'm new and I don't know how difficult this is to do.
    I am not tech savy at all but I am creative.
    Too bad I can't hire someone to do the computer side of the business but someday I will.
    Until then I'll just say a few choice words at my computer while I figure things out. :)

Have a great weekend and thank you again for replying so quickly.
    Again customer service is why I chose your company over Blu Domain, Zenfolio etc...

Take care ~ DB
    Those are some great ideas! Can you officially add your voice, here: http://smugmug.uservoice.com ? Thanks!