Options

Bridal shoot on the ranch, pics...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited November 15, 2009 in Weddings
Ranee's bridal shoot. Some of you may remember the couple when I did the engagement shoot at their cattle ranch....then the wedding....well this is her bridal shoot. We didn't spend a lot of time on it, just a couple different locations. Green field, mowed hay field, abandoned Pony Express station from the 1800's. There are some pretty cool shots in here, I was really happy with how they turned out.
Smaller gallery this time, take a look if you have a minute:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Weddings/Ranee/9991098_Ruxbu

Comments

• Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Wow - I just love these!clap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Oh you lucky duck! Wow.....how awesome is that? I mean to get a bride in a gown, all to yourself on an open ranch?...geez....squriming in my seat....Oooooooh Baby! Very nice work throughout the gallery Zoomer. I'm envious! Loving the compositions in the window frame, on the horse....every image has impact! And that my friend is what makes a photo a photo!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Crystal-PixelCrystal-Pixel Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Beautiful!! I love your work... My favorite is #56 - the detail is beautiful and I love that you can see every rock and crack - its very artistic! All the photos are beautiful and each one is definately something you could put on any wall. Wonderful Work!
    Crystal Saly

My Smug: www.crystalpixelphotography.com
    My Site: www.crystal-pixel.com

"I'm in love with my Canon.. & lovely L Lenses..."
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Holy cow, these are awesome zoomer! Some of your best imo. It looks as much like a fashion shoot as a bridal session! I absolutely LLOOOOOVVVEEEE alll the ones in the cornfield, and 57 is such fun (her horse, I presume?)
  • Options
    kpagekpage Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I love the ones with the window/door. The lighting is beautiful!
    Just a girl playing with a camera trying to learn as much as she can.
    www.kp-photos.com : facebook.com/kpphotos
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, appreciate your kind remarks.
    What a crazy busy month. Today I got to shoot some engagement pictures on the blue turf on the Boise State Broncos home field, they came out really cool...will post a gallery in a couple weeks or so.
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Gorgeous set and what a location and cooperative bride! I agree, the shots framed in the window/door are lit to perfection.

One nit-pick ('cause I'm a horse person) - the shots with the horse where he has both his nice western bridle and the red nylon halter on are just wrong (for the horse - not picking on your photography). You just don't "do" that - it's either the halter (and for the mood and location it should have been a rope halter) or the bridle (which works with the western saddle and the bride's boots). Just something to consider for the future.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    Thanks Snowgirl,
    She took something off about half way through (off the horse) maybe it was one of the things you mentioned. The horse was acting up all the way through he just wanted to eat.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Very cool! Love the ranch, I need one of those up here, very neat photo opportunities it provided you!

#44 I think your flare is on crack lol, the top part of the flare is awesome, but then that bottom is excessively purple. If you can tone down that portion I think it is a really amazing flare shot.

My favorites are 3 and 9 in this set since I just love your use of that hole to frame her, and the lighting is perfect.
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Mike,
    Great work as always!!!! They are really unbelievable-- I love the variety too, her in the field in the doorway and on the horse-- all are: very very nice. I bet she's happy with them! Were these taken after the wedding, hence her lack of apprehension with getting the dress dirty, or is she just super brave? --Lisa
    PS: Looking forward to seeing the blue turf :)
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2009
    Thanks Shima,
    3 is one of my favorites as well, my very favorite is 5.
    Appreciate your feedback.

Shima wrote:
    Very cool! Love the ranch, I need one of those up here, very neat photo opportunities it provided you!

#44 I think your flare is on crack lol, the top part of the flare is awesome, but then that bottom is excessively purple. If you can tone down that portion I think it is a really amazing flare shot.

My favorites are 3 and 9 in this set since I just love your use of that hole to frame her, and the lighting is perfect.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Nice, nice, nice. What a location. You made great use of what was there.

The window...what can I say...what a frame. Which one is my favorite...well, I kept saying...this one....no this one...or this one. You just have a bunch of wonderful shots. Great work.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    MystiqueMystique Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Love these! :) Great job!!
    Mystical Photography
    My Website - Facebook - Friend Me / Fan Me
    Specializing in Equine Photography
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    A little off topic, but how did you get your Smugmug site to look like that? Did you write the code?

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Wow, these are incredible. Beautiful bride, beautiful horse and beautiful location as well as what appears to be perfect weather. Looks like the horse was very cooperative as well.

Know the bride and groom have to love these and will cherish them for years to come. Excellent!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    Thanks to everyone who commented. Really appreciate your input.

dawssvt, the awesome customer service team at Smugmug did all the site customization for me. They are the best!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Wow!! Beauuutiful photos & what a pretty backdrop! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    Mark LedinghamMark Ledingham Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    Your ranch shoot is simply superb, but I have to say that the rest of your albums are equally well done. Just beautiful stuff on your site! bowdown.gif
    All the best from northern Norway,
    Mark Ledingham

Please visit Mark Ledingham Photography ...You might just like it!
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    Thanks Agnieszka, That old Pony Express Station was such an amazing place, I am so glad the pictures came out good.
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Wow!! Beauuutiful photos & what a pretty backdrop! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    Thanks Mark,
    I greatly appreciate your comments and thanks for having a look around my site!
    Mike
    Your ranch shoot is simply superb, but I have to say that the rest of your albums are equally well done. Just beautiful stuff on your site! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    finally had some time to go through this gallery, beautiful work as usual!!!
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    this is the location i dream of finding/using