A Malay woman

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited October 19, 2009 in People
I done it with slight desaturation. Comments welcome

677683253_pUZRS-L.jpg

Comments

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I like her pose but feel that the pic doesn't "do it" for me... I think I see a lot of artifacting and her hair looks cooked also.

Keep at it! thumb.gif
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Not liking the desat with the pinkish look...on my calibrated monitor, her forehead looks a blotchy...hmmm...

There is nothing exciting about her to make yo want to look twice at the picture. He skin color is way off...her hair is flat...her eyes are dead...lighting is flat. When your subject is looking out of the frame, as she is here, you lose a certain amount of attration...and your audience wonders what she was looking at. It's also generally accepted that if you have your subject looking off camera, that you leave more room on that side of the image...where here, you have her close to the right side of the image, looking in the same direction.

It looks like you did something with the right arm of her garment ...and the bottom left of the image...

She is pretty and has potential.

Keep at it.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Not liking the desat with the pinkish look...on my calibrated monitor, her forehead looks a blotchy...hmmm...

There is nothing exciting about her to make yo want to look twice at the picture. He skin color is way off...her hair is flat...her eyes are dead...lighting is flat. When your subject is looking out of the frame, as she is here, you lose a certain amount of attration...and your audience wonders what she was looking at. It's also generally accepted that if you have your subject looking off camera, that you leave more room on that side of the image...where here, you have her close to the right side of the image, looking in the same direction.

It looks like you did something with the right arm of her garment ...and the bottom left of the image...

She is pretty and has potential.

Keep at it.

Thanks for the honest opinion. As you said, she has potential, so I'll "play" around with her, albeit not with real person.
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    i dont think it's THAT bad at all...
    the desat works for me, i think she got an interesting expression.
    and the fact that she looks to the right and not in the camera is not a bad thing.
    the way she blends in with the light makes it kinda "dreamy".
    even if i too could wish for a "bigger picture" and would like something "more" at the right, i think the composition works.
    maby its a bit boring but i have seen way waaaaay more dull shots than this.
    of course its room for improvement, that goes for most pictures.
    it is what it is and i think this is a "yes"
  • TNTATCTNTATC Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    I like the picture but they were correct about it being a little dull.
    I think there is just a lot of white space and soft colors, nothing really pops. I think you should try to emphasize on her lips and eyes. The whites of her eyes are darker then the whole pic keeping with little detail. Her hair looks a little stiff and caked at the top.
    Great work tho on the pic I think she has great potential, look for more contrast and use her best attributes to sell it.
    Keep up the great work.
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all your comments and I have taken on board to tweak it a little to make the lighting less flat, though I still felt there is alot of room for improvement. Not easy to be different and radical but still intend to have a softer look and slight desat.

685750689_UjE2H-L.jpg