Options

Does this appeal to anyone

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited August 7, 2005 in Holy Macro
Another one from my Norway trip i like it but i don't know much about photography yet

27679931-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    Another one from my Norway trip i like it but i don't know much about photography yet

27679931-M.jpg
    No responses yet? Well, for my 2 cents, I'll give it a go. I like it. The lighting is nice and warm and it gives a sense of place and age.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2005
    I like the colours and the feeling it gives, but I'm not too sure I'm crazy about the actual picture. I'm sure you've got plenty more! You should post more! -Jamie
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Hey Gary, you have a cool subject matter, there. And thanks for raising the question.

If you don't mind me getting into it a bit.... your shot gets to one of the fundamentals of photography: it's not enough to see something and shoot it dead center of your frame. For it to be truly interesting, give it a bit of context.

Show the thing in its surroundings, that will help tell a visual story that people will find much more visually interesting. It takes a bit of compositional skill to make the shot wider, but still draw the eye to the subject of the shot. See this thread in the Hall of Wisdom. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au