?? about NEW CAMS WITH VIDEO

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited October 18, 2009 in Cameras
Do any of the new DSLR's with video capability have the capability to have the shutter button locked for unmanned video shooting.......(Just like a real video camera would have)????
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I would hope that a Canon DSLR shooting video would treat the signal from the Canon RC-1 remote control the same way they do in Bulb mode -- one click starts the exposure, a second click stops it. If this doesn't work for starting and stopping video shooting, I'll be surprised and disappointed. It won't really affect me, as I have no interest in shooting video with a DSLR, but it's obviously the right thing to do.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    On my 5DMKII, the button for video is different that the shutter button.
    Press it, and you're recording, press it again, and it stops recording.

I think that's what you're asking.

As for the remote, I don't know if that will start a recording or not.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Art, the Nikon D90 uses the LV button and than you press OK to start recording and OK again to stop, I haven't played with it to see how long a video I can do on a 16g card.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    davev wrote:
    On my 5DMKII, the button for video is different that the shutter button.
    Press it, and you're recording, press it again, and it stops recording.

I think that's what you're asking.

As for the remote, I don't know if that will start a recording or not.

time2smile wrote:
    Art, the Nikon D90 uses the LV button and than you press OK to start recording and OK again to stop, I haven't played with it to see how long a video I can do on a 16g card.

You both hit the nail on the head,,,,,,,,,that is what I was wondering.....

My KM A2 shoots short 15 minute vids but the card gets hotter than hades when recording vids and you have to keep the shutter buttton depressed if you release shutter button it stops recording......

THANKS EVERYONE.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website