681293786_Lc4Sp-L.jpg

I'm also seeing this version

683753620_QHqyW-L.jpg

not sure which one works better

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I would say that #2 works much better for me but not because of the layout. The shot is much closer than the first and that makes the real difference. Honestly, though, I think it's still too far away to be entirely effective. Both shots are also suffering from a lack of contrast which could help a bit I'd say.

I do like the use of IR in the street scene, though. I might have to give that a go one of these days. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Thanks Thoth,

It was a pretty gray day which would account for the lack of contrast. I've been fiddling with it in CS3 but haven't been happy with the results. If it's not there to begin with it's not gonna come out.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another opportunity at it and try a couple different perspectives to help narrow the focus.
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I'll have to differ here and say that #1 is more appealing to me. The crop draws my attention to the lady staring at the window. I don't get the same effect in #2.
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    I'll have to differ here and say that #1 is more appealing to me. The crop draws my attention to the lady staring at the window. I don't get the same effect in #2.

Thanks Crossbar,
    I think #1 has almost a vanishing point quality to it where as #2 is a little more intimate(?) for sure. Probably one of the reasons I was waffling on the version.

While I don't have that specific location, I do have the model since the lady at the window is my wife Liz, so I'm gonna keep fiddling.