Summer Ends

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Landscapes
hyde_tom_endofsummer.jpg

Summer Ends | Washington State | October 16, 2009

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    Really cool, and a perfect title! Love how desolate that dock is out there and the way it contrasts with the dark moody surroundings.
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Love the calm feeling to this. :D
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I really like this. It certainly gives a lonely feel as summer fades away.
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Thanks for the comments :)) Of note, one person who saw this elsewhere commented that they did not like colorspot photos, i.e. selective desaturation. Just wanted to clarify this does not have any saturation alteration, it was just a dismal rainy day with one bright spot in an underexposed photo ...
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Excellent! It really epitomizes the nostalgic feeling I always experience at the end of the summer season with the shortened days fading so quickly to dark, shadowy nights. Love it! For what it's worth, I never for one second thought it was desaturated or 'selective-colored'. I just know you're that great of a photographer to have captured it at the perfect moment in time.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    Really a great photo and title!! The diving board looks so lonely out there all by itself. There is a lot of emotion in this photo!! Very nice.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95