50 f/22 (10 seconds)
IMG_3141.jpg

As usual comments welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    audiaudi Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    hey
    hey, im from Western North Carolina too! (I go to Brevard College in Brevard, NC). You've got some good shots there. Your macros of the flowers are well balanced - real sharp foreground and blurred background...excellent. The last two shots are the only ones I dont care for...the second-to-last just seems too chaotic with the rhododendron (perhaps crop the top off a bit?) and the last shot could use a little contrast and brightness adjustment.

We are both so blessed to live in such a beautiful place - keep shootin. :):

-audi

www.austinbphotography.cjb.net
    "See how willingly Nature poses herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly chemicals are so sensitive as those of the human soul. "
    -John Muir

http://www.austinbphotography.com

Nature Photographers Community
    Founding Member
    http://www.smugmug.com/community/NaturePhotographers
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    audi wrote:
    hey, im from Western North Carolina too! (I go to Brevard College in Brevard, NC). You've got some good shots there. Your macros of the flowers are well balanced - real sharp foreground and blurred background...excellent. The last two shots are the only ones I dont care for...the second-to-last just seems too chaotic with the rhododendron (perhaps crop the top off a bit?) and the last shot could use a little contrast and brightness adjustment.

We are both so blessed to live in such a beautiful place - keep shootin. :):

-audi

www.austinbphotography.cjb.net
    Thanks for the comments, the last one was taken during bright light, I had a polarizing filter on and stopped the lens down all the way and it still turned out bright.
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    That 2nd last one is gorgeous. Really nice set!clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    That 2nd last one is gorgeous. Really nice set!clap.gif
    Thanks, glad you liked them. I'm fixing to add them to my smugmug account so they will be for purchase if someone wants them.
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    Hey there - I really like this series! Nice slow shutter water. Great comp on the flower with the leaves inviting you into the photo. The last is over exposed if you ask me.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited July 9, 2005
    Very nice series!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2005
    Beautiful scenery captured wonderfully! clap.gif Love those silky water shots, very well done!thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2005
    super nice! that 135L gets teh job done!

flowers really pop for sure :)
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2005
    Thanks for all teh comments guys. As for the last one it is over cooked alittle, still playing around with it in CS. I had the lens stopped down to f/22 and it was still over doing it. Part of it came from having a 10 second shot because the streams of water were really small so I had to make the shutter stay open longer.