wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited October 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
782-gs-r0535-vx.jpg

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    OK - this truly looks like alien pods... what are they? Is the background that desolate or did a fire come through? I like this in black and white!:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Looks like a fire went through there, but those things on the ground are alien looking like Eia said. What the heck are they headscratch.gif

I expect to see creatures/people break out of them -- just like in the old si-fi movie :D
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    :)

These are yucca whipplei (the Lord's candle), that have been burnt to a crisp.

There's been so much of the forest area and chaparral that have burnt around here in the last month or so, that photographing the result was unavoidable.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 18, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    :)

These are yucca whipplei (the Lord's candle), that have been burnt to a crisp.

There's been so much of the forest area and chaparral that have burnt around here in the last month or so, that photographing the result was unavoidable.

That's an interesting plant. So many different flowering types.

Sorry to hear about the fires around there, but usually growth comes back. Photographing what happens after a fire would be interesting to do.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    That's an interesting plant. So many different flowering types.

Sorry to hear about the fires around there, but usually growth comes back. Photographing what happens after a fire would be interesting to do.

My upbeat friend says that mountain wildflowers should be the best ever during the next several springtimes. I'll see what I can do with that.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited October 19, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    My upbeat friend says that mountain wildflowers should be the best ever during the next several springtimes. I'll see what I can do with that.

-

I'll be looking forward to spring time and seeing some of the photos you take thumb.gif