Options

#35 - Last ditch effort...

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited October 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alright, here are my latest thoughts... if neither of these look like decent entries, then I'm entering the U@ pic from my cell phone :)

Both shot at the UF homecoming parade on Friday.

Moment
684378375_65ESV-L.jpg

Band
684380652_w4Qnm-L.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys! This challenge has been so full of good ideas and great shots from all of you that it's been a little intimidating for me!
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Number one makes me happier in terms of the theme and the content. It's a very nice shot. I'm curious about her hands. Her left is bandaged, but both seem large for her frame. I would suggest a crop, except you'd lose the blue in the upper left corner.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I like 2, and I would use selective color to make it even more interesting even though sc is so controversial here. Good luck:D
  • Options
    NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Number one makes me happier in terms of the theme and the content. It's a very nice shot. I'm curious about her hands. Her left is bandaged, but both seem large for her frame. I would suggest a crop, except you'd lose the blue in the upper left corner.
    I think that is a lymphodema wrap. Basically a compression glove that helps with swelling in a certain area. Women who have had a mastectomy sometimes have problems with after the surgery.

ETA: sorry Kinkajou I didn't comment on your photos. I personally like the second one better.
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I like 2, and I would use selective color to make it even more interesting even though sc is so controversial here. Good luck:D

I agree with Dan, even just reducing the saturation of the background to make the band "pop".
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:

I'm not a big fan of SC, probly cuz a lot that you see (including my own. lol!) just aren't successful. But I am curious to see what this one would look like. I think with this being a Blue challenge and with the amount of blue in this image, it could be one of the successful ones! Just my opinion of course. Hope if you give it a try, you'll share it with us, even if it doesn't turn out. Just curious. :B Nelson.
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I'd say #2, also. I like the expressions.

In #1, I'm a bit bothered by the blue line in back of her head. I like the reflections on the glass. The tilt doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I also like #2. :D
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    Aright, #2 it is. I'll work on the background in a couple hours and will enter some version of that and post the results of playing with the background here.

Thanks so much for the comments!
    Webpage

• Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    So here they are:

original with a crop
    685135132_HmZQq-L.jpg

background slightly desaturated
    685126272_Vkd26-L.jpg

background more desaturated
    685130406_Wh4zA-L.jpg

I'm going with the second one because the third looks too artificial to me.

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Webpage

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Your call, but I like the third, and would desaturate the background even moredeal.gif