A few from the past couple of months

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited November 11, 2009 in Holy Macro
684414416_GAg4Q-X2.jpg

684423338_LZQMo-XL.jpg

684423812_UVqEL-XL.jpg

Anyone recognize this (ID please) I named it Mini ME bug.

684423761_FA7ZC-XL.jpg

684423630_Ahn9X-XL.jpg

684423503_syBN2-XL.jpg

684423375_zvobA-XL.jpg

684414327_kVZVk-XL.jpg

684414244_TuK2g-XL.jpg

Most of these images are from a lot across the street from my house. They tore down a house and no one mows the grass. I love it, but my neighbors do not. The butterfly's are from Lake Apopka Restoration area. Thanks for looking. Mark
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Lovely series - esp like the first 4 shots :)

Guessing mini me are stick insects.
    Brian V.
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Lovely series - esp like the first 4 shots :)

Guessing mini me are stick insects.
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian, I have never seen the "Mini ME" before. Stick insect would be a good place to start! It's been a year I think sence I have posted anything, been trying to dial in on using the light that is available to me after work. Those first 4 are with my 50mm 1.4 + 12mm Tube, you can tell a difference that 50mm is really sharp. M

Thanks again Brian I googled Florida Stick Bugs and found that Mini Me is an Anisomorpha.
    — Lord Byron
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 20, 2009
    great series, as brian mentioned first 4 frames much better
    phil
    edited October 21, 2009
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    great series, as brian mentioned first 4 frames much better
    phil
    Thank you Phil, so you are the moderator now. Is there a lot time involved in that?
    — Lord Byron
  • mehampsonmehampson Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Nice. I really like the first two: the composition of #2 is one I haven't really seen before, and like it a lot. And I'm partial to green metallic bees, but #1 is great -- it's hard to get that frontal angle of them without having at least part of their head obscured by the flower.

I like the bokeh on all the 50mm shots, too. It retains the shape of things just out of focus really well.
  • GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    These are great! I just acquired my first macro lens and tried a few practice shots the other day. WOW!! It's going to take me forever to get the hang of this!! I had the hardest time trying to get my subject in focus!! I was holding my breath, but even my heartbeat seemed to cause OOF shots with the very SLIGHTEST movement. headscratch.gif

mehampson wrote:
    Nice. I really like the first two: the composition of #2 is one I haven't really seen before, and like it a lot. And I'm partial to green metallic bees, but #1 is great -- it's hard to get that frontal angle of them without having at least part of their head obscured by the flower.

I like the bokeh on all the 50mm shots, too. It retains the shape of things just out of focus really well.
  • mehampsonmehampson Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    These are great! I just acquired my first macro lens and tried a few practice shots the other day. WOW!! It's going to take me forever to get the hang of this!! I had the hardest time trying to get my subject in focus!! I was holding my breath, but even my heartbeat seemed to cause OOF shots with the very SLIGHTEST movement. headscratch.gif

Welcome to the club :) Try not holding your breath, actually. I find my back and arms are a lot steadier if I exhale, and then take the shot right as I finish breathing out.
    edited November 7, 2009
    mehampson wrote:

Thanks, mehampson. Luckily Florida has no lack of insects. #2 I was kneeling down amongst some very tall weeds, it landed right next to me so I just started clicking away. Most times (as it shows) I not really thinking about composition…. just happy being out there and hoping it’s in focus, they always look better on the little monitor on my D200 :o)
    — Lord Byron
  • afroedafroed Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2009
    Just join here just for the macro section. great series mate. I have almost the exact same shot with the Stick insects mating (#4) but yours is far better than mine because of the nice focus
    edited November 11, 2009
    afroed wrote:
    Just join here just for the macro section. great series mate. I have almost the exact same shot with the Stick insects mating (#4) but yours is far better than mine because of the nice focus
    Thanks, Thats the first time I had seen one. Dgrin is a great place to share information, lots of friendly people. Share some of yours!
    — Lord Byron