Printing Reds

EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited October 19, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I'm having problems printing deep reds on my epson 1400. I have the same issue with reds on a 3800 at school. My monitor is calibrated, my printer is not. Do printers (or the printers I am using) just not print red well? Deeps reds turn into pinks. I understand the basics of CMYK printing. When I proof my images through PS they print just how they appear on the screen (red to pink). I just get annoyed that I cannot get the red even close to what I want.

Comments

• CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Ekaj wrote:
    I'm having problems printing deep reds on my epson 1400. I have the same issue with reds on a 3800 at school. My monitor is calibrated, my printer is not. Do printers (or the printers I am using) just not print red well? Deeps reds turn into pinks. I understand the basics of CMYK printing. When I proof my images through PS they print just how they appear on the screen (red to pink). I just get annoyed that I cannot get the red even close to what I want.

Are you printing with the appropriate profile for the printer? Are you soft proofing while you edit?

Simply calibrating your monitor is not enough. Color management is a large and complicated topic but there are tons of articles on it.
  • EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    You must have misunderstood me. I am using the correct profile. When I proof an image through PS, the reds turn pink. When I print, the reds turn pink. The proof matches the print, but what I am unhappy with is the reds turning pink...