Options

night shot

a4meeka4meek Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited October 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
this was shot with my new d90 and 28mm lense at 30 sec. exposure.

_DSC0216.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Being honest,

There doesn't appear to be any focal point, it's too cluttered, the verticals and horizontals are all off (as in leaning in and sloping to one side) and there's too much light flare.

The image is also very soft. I'd have reeled back on the ISO to 100, chosen a smaller aperture and pulled back much further from the subject.

Sorry to be negative on it but I'd rather be truthful than tell you it's a good shot.

The camera is capable of much better results. :)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 20, 2009
    Ian makes some good points. If you have another chance of shooting this, you might try to simplify the image by getting more of the frame filled with the sculpture, or better still, just part of it. Walk all around it and see what it looks like from different angles and with different backgrounds. The building itself is not very interesting architecturally, so the less we see of it the better. Maybe use a longer lens instead of a WA. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I think I see what you were going for here with the contrast of the round sculpture and the rectangular building... I'd try to fix your parallels and crop out the two sides of the building so that it's just that center section and the sculpture. Also, work on your levels/curves a little bit just to make it cleaner and pop a little bit. It would be nice to see the yellows a bit more warm and golden and the blacks a touch deeper.

For a reshoot, however - I would agree that a longer lens/higher f-stop from further back and a slightly different angle would help. I'd rather see a little more of the bottom of the sculpture than the plain part of the building at the top of the image.

Not a bad start, though... I think there is some potential there. Soon all this will come naturally to you :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!