Options

The Dunes of Death Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Another super set, Ron. Love all of them. #4, 5, 6, 7 are my faves. Great shadows and tonality. I don't know if having the moon was a blessing for you or not... I would have imagined you staying up all night taking shots of the dunes with startrails, were it not for the moonlight! :D
  • Options
    alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Beautiful shots! Well done sir!
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    dls wrote:
    Another super set, Ron. Love all of them. #4, 5, 6, 7 are my faves. Great shadows and tonality. I don't know if having the moon was a blessing for you or not... I would have imagined you staying up all night taking shots of the dunes with startrails, were it not for the moonlight! :D

Absolutely! That's the cool thing about night photography in general is you can find stuff to shoot with no moon and the stars or with a moon, although there's a lot more possibilities with the moon than with stars in my experience.

Also - welcome back to the northwest! I didn't catch any of the fall colors in the north cascades this year, maybe next year.
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    alexf wrote:
    Beautiful shots! Well done sir!

Thanks, Death Valley is a treasure for landscape photographers, and it's so different than the type of landscapes I can shoot up here in the NW.