another money pit

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited October 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Since I do not have enough expensive hobbies I just added another to the list.

Recently went and picked up the first car I ever owned after it has been sitting for more than a decade in Chino Valley AZ.

A couple weeks ago- after I pulled it out of the dirt with my Jeep:
642502291_idZ8i-L.jpg

As it sits tonight in my garage:
685402423_JB8EX-L.jpg

Will spend the next couple weekends cleaning it up some more and tearing into it to see what it is going to take to get it road worthy again.
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    You have my condolences!! Just kidding. I've had a lifetime of messing with cars....building some from the ground up, rescuing others, and even destroying a couple. None of my other passions have come close to costing me the money I've spent on this car thing. Conversely, nothing else ( except maybe flying ) has given me the thrills and enjoyment I get from the cars.

Good luck with your latest endeavor.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 19, 2009
    Pretty cool!! What is it? headscratch.gif Mercury?

I'm guessing it will be done just in time for Trevor to get his license. rolleyes1.gif
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    kdog wrote:

I'm guessing it will be done just in time for Trevor to get his license. rolleyes1.gif

My guess would be mid 1960's Pontiac.
    Jane B.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    You have my condolences!! Just kidding. I've had a lifetime of messing with cars....building some from the ground up, rescuing others, and even destroying a couple. None of my other passions have come close to costing me the money I've spent on this car thing. Conversely, nothing else ( except maybe flying ) has given me the thrills and enjoyment I get from the cars.

Good luck with your latest endeavor.

Tom

rolleyes1.gif

I would love to do a ground up but have neither the skills or the money to have it done correctly. It is more about having a project to do with my son and get it on the road in good enough condition to take some weekend trips. No need to break the bank as it is not a 'Classic' in the eyes of collectors and I plan on actually driving it. deal.gif

Thanks for the comments-

Aaron Newman

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    kdog wrote:

You are correct it is a Mercury. A 72 Cougar with a 351 Cleveland, C-6 Trans, and a Ford 9" Rear End.

Yeah- he thinks the same thing but I know how I drove this car. :nono

Aaron Newman

• Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:

As it sits tonight in my garage:
    685402423_JB8EX-L.jpg
    The above shot is the one that made me think Pontiac from being familiar with their bodies from that time. They had a very pointed front end for a number of years.
    Jane B.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Good luck with it, Aaron! And be sure to take lots of photos to document the process as you get it back on the road.