Thunderhole Sunrise

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited October 21, 2009 in Landscapes
Been practicing blending exposures in PS. Appreciate feedback.

685803811_XtuBz-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Nice tonalities in the blending in general. There's a bright glowing patch around the pine trees on the far left of the image. Also, my eye expects just a bit more shadow on the side of the rocks away from the sunrise. Either that, or the shadows on the dark side of the far shore should be just a bit brighter to stay consistent. Nice image with a great moody blue feel. Makes me want to go back!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    Nice tonalities in the blending in general. There's a bright glowing patch around the pine trees on the far left of the image. Also, my eye expects just a bit more shadow on the side of the rocks away from the sunrise. Either that, or the shadows on the dark side of the far shore should be just a bit brighter to stay consistent. Nice image with a great moody blue feel. Makes me want to go back!

Thanks, I saw that problem on the left after I posted, but your comment on the foreground rocks is very helpful Harry thumb.gif
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Looks great, Dan!

To my eye, the horizon looks a bit tilted (up on the right side) but all in all, great looking image! clap.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited October 19, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Looks great, Dan!

To my eye, the horizon looks a bit tilted (up on the right side) but all in all, great looking image! clap.gif

I noticed that also after I posted. I was so focused on the blending, I forgot some fundamentals.rolleyes1.gif Thanks Chris.thumb.gif
    edited October 19, 2009
    Took all your suggestions and made some adjustments.

685803811_XtuBz-XL-3.jpg
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    I just noticed the slight reflection of the sky colors in the water, now that I see it, it's an even better shot!

Along with the corrections, that is one S W E E T looking shot, Dan! clap.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    I just noticed the slight reflection of the sky colors in the water, now that I see it, it's an even better shot!

Hi Dan. I think that is a beautiful image in every respect. Even with the points outlined I honestly think they are so minute nothing to worry about. Well done.
    Regards
    Bob
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    Hi Dan.....Great shot.......clap.gif azzaro
    edited October 19, 2009
    It's a gorgeous image, Dan. So I'm going to nitpick just a bit more. mwink.gif There's still just a wee bit of a halo around those pine trees to the left. Just a touch more tweaking and I'll shut up. rolleyes1.gif Soften the transition a bit more and you're there.
    edited October 19, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:

Thanks Chris. Appreciate the feedbackthumb.gif
    edited October 20, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Hi Dan. I think that is a beautiful image in every respect. Even with the points outlined I honestly think they are so minute nothing to worry about. Well done.
    Regards
    Bob

Thanks Bob. Good to here from youthumb.gif
    edited October 20, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Dan.....Great shot.......clap.gif azzaro

Thanks Gary. Maybe next year you will join us. We are going to Yellowstone.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    I liked how the sunlight was setting on the rocks in the left of the photo in your first post. It matched up with what the eye would be seeing from the light coming from the right with the setting sun. My opinion tho :D
    edited October 20, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    It's a gorgeous image, Dan. So I'm going to nitpick just a bit more. mwink.gif There's still just a wee bit of a halo around those pine trees to the left. Just a touch more tweaking and I'll shut up. rolleyes1.gif Soften the transition a bit more and you're there.

I appreciate you pushing me for excellence Harry.

687660102_EF2Y9-XL.jpg
    edited October 21, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I appreciate you pushing me for excellence Harry.

687660102_EF2Y9-XL.jpg

Nice work. I'd naturally expect the same from you. :D
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Lovely composition and beautiful FG detail you captured. Nice job, Dan! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited October 21, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Lovely composition and beautiful FG detail you captured. Nice job, Dan! thumb.gif

Thanks very much Mahesh. Next years shootout is in yellowstone. Hope you can make it.