Joe B

Comments

• gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Up and Coming Country Band Cowboy Crush
    Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for looking
    Joe B
    I looked at the entire gallery. IMO some of the color shots better capture the dynamics of a band.

regards,

Gary
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    gpgold wrote:
    I looked at the entire gallery. IMO some of the color shots better capture the dynamics of a band.

regards,

Gary
    I agree Gary, that's why I put the link to them. I am just in a black and white mood theses days. I tried to explain to the marketing department of the radio station putting on this concert that the color pictures were there's to use should they be so inclined. They thanked me for them and then proceeded to post the following pictures on their website:

28477032-L.jpg

28477033-L.jpg

The guy to the right in the next two pictures with the white shirt on and camera strap is me taking my pictures.

28477035-L.jpg

28477036-L.jpg

28477037-L.jpg

28477039-L.jpg

They weren't even my photos. Not one. I just don't get it.

Thanks for your input though. I appreciate it. Now if only I can get the Radio Station to start using my photographs I'll be in business. Hell I'll even do it for free............
    edited July 15, 2005
    imax wrote:
    I agree Gary, that's why I put the link to them. I am just in a black and white mood theses days. I tried to explain to the marketing department of the radio station putting on this concert that the color pictures were there's to use should they be so inclined. They thanked me for them and then proceeded to post the following pictures on their website:

Thanks for your input though. I appreciate it. Now if only I can get the Radio Station to start using my photographs I'll be in business. Hell I'll even do it for free............
    The thing is your work is good - particularly from a portrait point of view. Use the photos that they used to better understand what they, as a customer, are looking for. Obviously, from a promotional point of view the audience shown being involved matters as do dynamic shots of the band that capture the energy of the group.

regards,

Gary
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    imax wrote:

The thread I see running through the photos they picked is that your portraits tell a story about the musical energy of the band, but the story the radio station was interested in was, apparently, "if you want to have fun with lots of people, hang out at the stage with our logo on it." I sort of wonder if they would have chosen a close-up portrait if the station's entire logo was clearly readable in the back.
    edited July 16, 2005
    colourbox wrote:
    The thread I see running through the photos they picked is that your portraits tell a story about the musical energy of the band, but the story the radio station was interested in was, apparently, "if you want to have fun with lots of people, hang out at the stage with our logo on it." I sort of wonder if they would have chosen a close-up portrait if the station's entire logo was clearly readable in the back.
    You hit it on the head - it's all about them. I'm guessing you're frustrated. I haven't tried to sell anything (except a shot to Parade). I've done a couple of portraits of a novelist friend that ended up on his books, but that was for free. I'm learning from this that the art aspect can be there, but it better be delivered in a way they want it.

regards,

Gary
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Up and Coming Country Band Cowboy Crush
    Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for looking

Joe B
    #1 and #4 appear a little OOF, unless that is the highest crispness your camera typically delivers. I doubt that as for example #4, the mike in the r corner is much more 'crisp' than the face.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com