Options

First attempt at motorbike racing

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited July 12, 2005 in Sports
Went to a small track near where i live called Darley Moor and had a go at some action shots i was told my camera was no good at action shots i don't think i did too bad

27815112-M.jpg

27815127-M.jpg

27815124-M.jpg

27815125-M.jpg

27815073-M.jpg

Some carts and scooter racing to come

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Hi There
    gsgary wrote:
    Went to a small track near where i live called Darley Moor and had a go at some action shots i was told my camera was no good at action shots i don't think i did too bad

Some carts and scooter racing to come
    The bikes move pretty dang fast don't they.
    I had a go at dirt bikes, only the reach of my 200mm was not quite long enough, now I can attempt it again with the 400mm lens.

What gear are you using that someone told you your gear was not good for action shots ???

You did very well........I have to learn the art of panning..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2005
    It's a prosumer Fujifilm S7000 with a with a Raynox pro-telephoto converter lens 1.85x which i think makes it about 388mm the others i posted are i think better but i had the shutter speed too high the chap next to me had a pro D1 he said you needed the same speed as the length as your lens i think i had it set at about 320 probably could have gone slower because i was using a monopod but still very new to this
    Gaz
    Skippy wrote:
    The bikes move pretty dang fast don't they.
    I had a go at dirt bikes, only the reach of my 200mm was not quite long enough, now I can attempt it again with the 400mm lens.

What gear are you using that someone told you your gear was not good for action shots ???

You did very well........I have to learn the art of panning..... Skippy (Australia)